1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox News Is OFF the Air!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Jan 6, 2015.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

And sane Americans everywhere rejoiced!

;)

The folks over at Fox News had hoped to bully Dish Network into giving their toxic channel the cheap air time it demands, but going into a second week of being banished from the television lineup is only proving that Dish has more clout.

Because Fox News has played the victim instead of offering a fair price to for its weak programming, Dish dropped the conservative propaganda channel, including Fox Business, much to the delight of Americans who value their brains.

more

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Dish plays hardball with everyone. They blacked out CBS not too long ago. That's just their way of doing business to control costs. Kind of a non story. This is standard practice for Dish.

3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Welcome to the week before last. Now they need to do the same and nix that piece of trash MSNBC.

Anyone who gets their information from either MSNBC or Fox News is teetering on r****dism.....

1 person likes this.
  4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

God, this is so petty.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Basso faints.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

So of the 100,000,000 or so cable subscribes in the country, 14% of them no longer have access to Fox News. Of that 14%, how many do you think actually watched it? Judging by Dish's hardball stance, apparently not enough that they fear losing too many customers to the likes of DirecTV, Comcast, etc.

Edit: Actually, nevermind.... I just looked it up, and Fox News regularly destroys other News Networks in ratings. Then in again, we are talking about "News Networks" here.

#6 HR Dept, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Yes... yes it is.

In other news Rush Limbaugh has a boil on his ass that hurts when he sits to do his radio show. HA! Serves him right!

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

They're doing it with Root Sports, I STILL don't get to watch on my own TV.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Nice try with the equating of Fox and MSNBC.

10. cwebbster

Liberals and Conservatives make me sick

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The celebration of less speech, or the silencing of speech, is a common theme among the left. They lament that Fox News even exists.

This sentiment also drives their campaign finance efforts, the goal being to limit expenditures for producing political speech.

1 person likes this.
  12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Regardless of what channel is dropped, Dish is a cesspool. Dish is the one who is constantly dropping channels because of carriage dispute. Charlie Ergen is a POS who has ruined several good companies after buying them out. Dish dropped CNN and now Fox. It has essentially alienated its entire base of those who use TV for news.

Interesting enough, I had two different people tell me today they are dropping Dish because of Fox News. This was the first I had heard of the dispute. I wonder what the turn over would be if they dropped MSNBC.

Oh, and another extremely misleading title by mcmark. He truly thinks this is a victory. Some people will baaa to any tune. Toxic sheep.

13. cwebbster

This couldn't have been said better. I dislike both Liberal and Conservative ideals, but Libtards are always wanting to silence their opposition, and limiting free speech is their weapon of choice.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Of course. Every liberal wants to limit free speech.

Dude lol. This contradicts what you hate.

Anyways can't really disagree with you on this post though. I get my news from other sources. MSNBC and Fox News are just going to pander to their primary political demographic.

#14 RedRedemption, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Good. Maybe these folks will stumble on to a little known practice called reading.

Imagine the possibilities.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a load of crap, with all due respect. Lovely irony if you have Dish. I guess that would be too delicious to be true.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Ahem... Isn't this the free market in action?? One business thinks a supplier is too expensive and drops them?

1 person likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't confuse the issue by introducing capitalism into the discussion. Fox "news" supporters love capitalism. You're giving them heartburn.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

*snicker*

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nonissue. Fox news will be back on the air with Dish. Dish just doesn't want to pay for Fox's crappy sports and entertainment channels, and when Fox threatened to pull Fox News and Fox Business, the Dish Network responded by pulling the channels for them.

This has nothing to do with politics or free speech.

Frankly, I don't have issue with other view points. My issue with Fox News is that it distorts stories to the point that it's no longer news but propaganda disguised as news. I think MSNBC is guilty of that as well.

As for campaign finance. It works both ways. If you think it's free speech to bribe politicians into voting in a way that benefits your interests over that of the people's, that's your right. But let's not call campaign donations free speech. They are bribes since they come with an understanding of votes in order to support campaigns.