1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, May 5, 2010.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Cool. So far, we know GOALKEEPER OFFENCES. :p

Now, let's talk about the time he cannot be challenged by an opponent
    Plural. ;)

Cool. I knew you'd understand goalkeeper "offences" and who can't challenge him. :p

Clearly the ball is loose in the video I posted, man. You're going to tell me that the attacker can't touch the ball AT ALL? You could argue that he can't touch the keeper, but... you saw he only touched the ball... loose, then free, then available to kick into the back of the net. :eek: That's not cheating.

2. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Since I really like African teams and I had time, I was able to watch the African Cup of Nations, I saw your team extensively. You guys have a couple talented players on your team, problem is that after those few players there is a big drop off. You guys beat Eygpt due to the insane emotions attached to the game, more often than not they would win. BTW I do think your team is capable of an upset of USA in the group stages.....

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Come on Swoly I already said the Mexican team was far superior to Senegal, lets just be honest about the goal :) . If your player had hit the ball when the goalie was TRYING to gain possession (when it was bouncing between the goalies hand and the ground then it would have been fine) But possession was gained at the second when his hand was on the ball while it was touching the ground, unfortunately your player hit the ball in that moment.

4. SwoLy-D

Uh, no. Even if it were my team's keeper, I would have said "what a dummy, he's supposed to have FULL CONTROL OF THE BALL... that's what he gets for letting the ball roll around on the ground." An attacker has just as much right to the ball as a goalkeeper while it's loose. LOOK AGAIN. It's still loose when Medina kicked it. You refuse to accept the ball was loose, whether the keeper had his hand over it, under it, or near it. The ball was still rolling. :eek:

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

We are going to have to agree to disagree, the ball was on the ground, it doesn't matter if it was rolling in between the goalies hand and the ground. Unless he loses contact at some moment (for example if he only had fingers on the ball...but that didn;t happen, his whole hand was on it, rolling or not) there should be nobody hitting the ball. Rules are rules. Full Control = Control, there is no in between. Lets hope someone mediates this argument of ours, we arn't going to agree :grin:

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I didnt like mexico in the game vs. Senegal, especially in the first half, they looked, but I think they will get better with the players playing in europe.

Swoly are you going to the game in Houston vs. Angola?

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Now We only have 1 true striker (Huntelaar), but Van Persie and Kuyt will probably play the striker role. I'm not that surprised Van Nistelrooij isn't going to the WC, however I would have thought that he would be with the last 30. But van Marwijk probably wants to see more defensive midfielders, before he can decide who to take.

8. SwoLy-D

:confused: WTF?

We aren't "agreeing" to CRAP. :eek: Ref, lineman, goalie, all saw it as a legal score. Ball was moving, out of control. Now you're going to tell me that if the goalie is just "touching the ball", no one can take it out his hands? Baloney.

I'm not sure yet. One of my daughters has an event that may end late in the evening... :( I don't have a ticket yet, either.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think that if Kuyt, Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder are all on the pitch, a true striker is not really necessary. That group of players can go from defense to attack in a split second and can score at will.

Really liking the Dutch squad.

I CANT BELIEVE ARGENTINA LEFT CAMBIASSO OUT. I think coach may regret that decision.

10. afw003

afw003 Member

I‘m sad I can't see China football in SA.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I gotta agree with Swoly. Keeper didn't have what anyone would consider control of the ball. Why do you think he didn't complain more? Because he knew he didn't have it.

I played in a tournament a couple weeks ago in SA. My team scored (me having one of them) 2 very similar goals. In both cases, the ref said the keeper didn't have control, even if it hit his hands first.

1 month out and this thread is already 6 pages. Could we beat the 2006 version? 155 pages...3099 posts

[Fußball] World Cup 2006

EDIT: fixed link

#111 leroy, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  12. SwoLy-D

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm glad someone else is with me :cool:

15. arno_ed

Oh come on, you let us go to the finals just to have our heart broken again :(

Our offense is great, but I fear our defense is just not good enough to win this tournament. And i'm sure both Van persie and Robben wil not be 100% fit. they usually get injured close to a big tournament :(

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[rquoter]Brazil criticized for Ronaldinho decision

JOHANNESBURG -- World Cup head organizer Danny Jordaan has criticized Dunga for leaving Ronaldinho out of his top picks for Brazil's tournament roster, saying some coaches are "blinded" by a sense of power.

Jordaan said Wednesday that Ronaldinho is a "soccer genius" who had talents "enjoyed by few in the game, both past and present."

Ronaldinho was selected for Brazil's 30-man provisional squad, but Dunga has made it clear the AC Milan player was not part of the main 23-man lineup he announced Tuesday. Ronaldinho likely will only play in the event of injuries to other players.

Jordaan said it was "sad and unfortunate" that the tournament would probably be without Ronaldinho, and that someone of Dunga's experience should have selected the midfielder "as a matter of course."[/rquoter]

I'm sure Jordaan wants Ronaldinho there for the marketing purposes since he's still one of the most famous players in the world. I don't disagree with him about Dunga, though.

17. arno_ed

Jordaan shouldn't comment on the choices of coaches. If Dunga doesn't think he can use Ronaldinho he can leave him home.

18. SwoLy-D

^ Th$ i$ non$€n$€. :eek:

I cannot und€r$tand or $€€ why th€y'r€ mad at Bra$il l€aving Ronaldinho out of th€ World Cup... :confused:

[​IMG]

19. arno_ed

I understand why he is disapointed. But it is not his place to make comments about the players who are selected and who are not. IMHO

p.s. it is not anoying that you use dollar and euro signs :rolleyes: :grin:

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

It looks like Johnson pulled his hamstring in a game today. That's got to suck for him to get injured just before going into camp to fight for a spot on the final roster. It may not be too bad though, I guess we'll find out in the next few days.