1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, May 5, 2010.

1. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

that's what she said.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And he didn't care.....

DD

3. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

usa out early ...i bet you'll care

4. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

all kidding aside. USA has good chance to come out on top of their group.

2nd round they're out.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

earnest :confused: ? When it's 30, years, you'll say "them 60 to over 110", so on... so forth... and when the US has been finally playing for 50, you'll say "we're still young."

Man, stop saying this. Let's not count them out yet, as they've made noise in one Cup that got them in the right track, but then they DERAILED again in 2006. Don't use these excuses... demand more.
    digitalbreach is right. YOU WILL care. ;)

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Dude, ever heard of Luis Fabiano. Brazil should be the favorite or at least top 2, they're STACKED. I agree with Holland, I do not agree with England, I actually seem them losing to the U.S.

Clowns? lol.

[​IMG]

The only one I can see being a clown is Materrazzi and he's not even on the squad anymore. They started off slow in 06' (just like France) and they both made the Final, both will be in the mix.

I believe Argentina will finally get their act together, they're wayyyyyy too talented to be slacking as much as they are.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are gonna be through the first round and into the knockout rounds where anything can and does happen.

DD

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Thanks, If we would have been able to score a penalty, we would havehad some trophies, Or if 1974 wasn't in Germany and 1978 wasn't in Argentina we would also have won those.

But that's all what ifs. We need to win a big tournament again 1988 is to long ago. Like i said before our defense just isn't good enough and I'm also not sold on Van marwijk (even though he used to coach Feyenoord).

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

Stupid end-of-the-year exams,I'll miss half the world cup, plus you gotta factor in my vacation. Damn! I can really only watch the last week of the cup! Germany better stay in it till then!

11. SwoLy-D

FAIL, plcmts17. :p Can't read your post, sir.

12. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I know you've been waiting with baited breath.

13. Obito

14. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Luis Fabiano? LOL, yes he is amazing at coming up big for his national team in the last few years, but he's hardly part of the top elite players. Kaka would have been the guy I would have mentioned but even he is not an established goal scorer.

I don't how much football you watch, but Italy has probably the biggest rep on the international stage as being actors.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l1MgdUDLuo0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l1MgdUDLuo0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

As long as Maradona is coach I don't think they are going to accomplish anything, they havn't just looked bad in their games, they've looked horrendous. IT could be partially due to him continuously experimenting with different players. Now that he will have to stick with the guys he has, he may produce results. BTW I agree they are overloaded with talent.

15. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Very good, we beat top-ranked Spain in the Confederations Cup last June.

16. SwoLy-D

What? HUH?!?! I can't hear you. :eek:

:p

FAIL AGAIN.
    [​IMG]

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If they win the group, then we're looking at one of Serbia, Ghana, or Australia (Germany ought to win that group fairly easily). Against any of those 3, I'd say we have a good chance to get back to the quarterfinals. Finish 2nd and we're looking at Germany.

18. Obito

1) Luis Fabiano is a elite scorer, I'd put him in the likes of Drogba, Zlatan, Rooney. I personally saw him destroy Italy a year ago. He's a VERY good striker. Funny thing, I would've mentioned Kaka too only if he hadn't been a complete flop with RMA so far.

2) That vid looks pretty fake, I think that award would go to Argentina. If the incident with Zidane and Marco wouldn't of happen in 06' at least half of that "rep" wouldn't exist.

3) This here I do agree with, Maradona has been horrible and yes before you even mention it, I know they barely qualified. That's why it's a bold prediction on my part. They DO have the talent and even if there's not much of a chance of it, I say they get their **** together and make a unstoppable run behind a pissed off Messi (not that one player can carry a team especially in soccer but if anybody would do it it would be Lionel).

19. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I'm not talking out my ass, please go look at his stats. You are comparing him to some of the best, he's got to have the stats to prove it.

LOL, you think? They didn't develop this rep overnight. That video was for Euro 2004.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

They have had a reputation way before 2006. I never want Italy to win any tournament since they are floppers who pay dirty. Only when they play against Germany I Want them to win (sorry SJC, but I am rooting for German club teams).

Argentina has a much better reputation.