1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Football] FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, May 5, 2010.

1. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Brazil vs Portugal will hopefully be a good match.

Can't wait, Iran is not in this year so I am just looking forward to some great games.

Does anyone remember the 08 UEFA Cup and how Turkey played? That was awesome! Hoping for some more games like that...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjZOde_TnlQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjZOde_TnlQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can not wait !

DD

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Predictions?

I'm only going to do Quarterfinals and beyond.

Quarterfinals:

France - Germany -- Germany
    Netherlands - Brazil -- Netherlands
    Argentina - Serbia -- Argentina
    Italy - Spain -- Italy

Semi Finals:

Germany - Netherlands -- Netherlands
    Argentina - Italy -- Argentina

Finals:

Netherlands vs Argentina

Argentina wins their 3rd world cup.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to it. I hope this will finaly be our year. But I fear our defense just isn't good enough. Offensive few teams are better then ours.

If we win o-ur group our quarter final will be on my wedding day. I arranged a screen to watch it with all the guests :grin:

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The Argentina fans are in for a rude awakening honestly. They have been atrocious for 2 years now and barely got into the World Cup. Unless they miraculously get their act together BEFORE the World Cup, don't get your hopes up too high. I'm a big fan of Messi, so I hope I'm wrong, but seriously, it's not looking good and any Argentina fan would be ignorant to not see that they have not shown the slightest hint of World Cup Semi Finals quality.

Messi can only do so much, as Inter showed ( :p ) .

Brazil are my favorite team, but Netherlands a close second. I think Netherlands are very underrated and the best players are hitting their peak at just the right time - Sneijder and Robben will link up beautifully behind Van Persie.

Realistically speaking, I think Spain are the most likely to win. They are just so damn good.

Semis:

Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, England.

Finals:

Brazil, Spain.

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

WC can not get here fast enough

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Whichever team Messi is on..

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Here's a behind the scenes look at the writing process of the song.

[​IMG]

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's what SHE SAID :(
    I will leave your photo, 'cuz it's nice to carry it on to the next page.

Premature my butt. It WAS maybe three months ago. :p

Did you see the ESPN commercial from tmac2therack? @ :51. :(

FULL print color PDF: <embed src="http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/64/42/24/2010fwc_matchschedule_3004_en.pdf" width="500" height="375">
    Zoom in above... print, whatever... if you have Adobe Reader... it's embedded. Or, right-click this link and select SAVE TARGET or SAVE LINK on your browser. :eek:

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Spain has the highest rating in the EA World Cup game :cool:

We'll see you in the final.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Spain will flame out again. It's what they do. Yeah, they won Euro, but they'll always find a way to choke when it comes to the WC.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

[​IMG]

13. DreamRoxCoogFan

I have decided to root for Argentina (after the US, of course), I don't know why. I operated under the same system in 2006, and I picked Italy then. So we'll see.

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

That is what we also always said about the EC, until they won it 2 years ago.

Spain is a good team. But I do not think they wil win it al.

15. leroy

And then there's Holland... :p

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Good thing you didn't say anything about the U.S. in the World Cup. :p

Except for 2002* (Portugal, México), of course.

17. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Not all the favourites are going to make it past the group stages, I highly doubt what you predicted will happen.

Argentina: has not played well in a couple years, they also struggled big time with high altitude locations, they will struggle if they play in one of those venues.

France: I don't know if they will be able to be able to play to the level of talent they have. They've not shown it yet.

Brazil: They don't have that dominant goal scorer this time around, they have good overall talent, but I don't know if that will be enough.

Italy: Good defensive team, don't know if they have the offense needed, plus too many actors on their squad, hard to support these clowns.

Holland, England, and Spain are going into this with the best form, but no Euro team has won the world cup outside of Euroland, so who knows. I believe we'll see a few teams surprise us this time around...

18. leroy

We've never been a favorite or ranked #1 in the world. But, yes, we've been a constant disappointment. It's amazing how being a Houston sports fan helps with also being a US Soccer fan.

19. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

The United States has only been earnest about competing on the international stage for about 20 years, whereas the major powerhouses of soccer have been competing anywhere from 50 to over 100 years. Give them time.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

You should all watch this.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4970129