1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flat feet and overpronation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

So I hadn't walked/ ran in a while, but I've always had feet problems. I learned recently I was flat footed and had overpronation in the feet, so I bought shoes specific for that and my feet started to hurt and get stiff / lock up. **** getting old. Anyone have the same experience?

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Sounds like you bought the wrong shoes.

I get get gout if I drink too much. Kinda the same thing.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Go to a running shoe store like Fleet Feet and get fitted by an employee.

Xerobull and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. Outlier

Outlier Member

This is where I went

5. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Go back and do it again. I didn't like the first pair after a couple days and exchanged for something much better after repeating the fit process.

Xerobull likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Have you seen a Dr yet? Sometimes you might need orthotics etc. Also, being that it got to where it's at (I didn't continue to med school - so see a Dr...) - but I think if you went too long like this you might need to do exercises/stretches/pt or even just slowly work into wearing the shoes at longer periods of time.

There's going to be a definite adjustment period and it won't fix itself overnight - but assuming you do adjust and you were noticing knee/back/hip issues too it could eventually help with everything. Again, everyone's different though.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Go to a podiatrist. Its something I wish I did 20 years ago.

@CCity Zero is spot on. Ive always had feet issues. My family doctor pointed me towards inserts which I picked up from a running shoe store. They put me on their treadmill which let me to a pair of Saucany's that helped out a lot. I wore them for everything and they eventually broke down and my feet started giving me problems again. I went back and a very obvious inexperienced lady put me in a pair of Hokas. My foot issues started to get worse. I finally went to a podiatrist hoping to finally solve the problem. He took xrays and told me to go buy a pair of Brooks Addiction and come back a week later. After a couple days in those, I canceled the follow up appointment as my immediate problems went way.

Running shoes stores can help IF the staff knows what they are doing. When I went back to buy the brooks, the same inexperience lady was still trying to put me in other shoes. A podiatrist should be able to point you to a pair of good shoes before going on to more costly solutions like orthotics.

CCity Zero, Outlier and FrontRunner like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If only that foot doctor still posted.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.