1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FirstTake] Perkins picks Harden over Steph

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s3ts, May 26, 2020.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Do you have reading comprehension issues?

I just said he’s not better than Durant. And in my original post that you responded to I said Harden has been better than Curry for years. What’s the disconnect for you?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is a tougher comparison, while Harden seems to be the better player....statswise

Every team needs an elite shooter and unselfish guy off the ball.

Literally any team. This is a position of need.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Absolutely. Harden also doesn’t have the same teammate advantages Curry has.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean what does Harden need, let us brainstorm a bit..... I mean he had Dwight, had an elite but injury prone PG in CP3, now WB....we have all positions through except a Top 10 PF and strong SF...... it isn't easy with that high of usage rate.

You could argue he played with Durant, that leaves the PF spot the only position he didn't play with a star.... and toughest spot to find a star.

Harden paired with Siakam or Ben Simmons would be noice.

#24 daywalker02, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

he had declining, injury prone Dwight

33 yo, injury prone CP3 who fell off a cliff after just 1 season

Russ, who is very flawed, but he’s played well since about mid-December (before that he was pure garbage)

Durant doesn’t mean anything, Harden was the 3rd wheel

Harden has overall had mediocre talent surrounding him, especially in comparison to his peers

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL harden backs it up with wins while carrying and leading a team for almost a decade

Steph had a chance to show everyone last year that he can carry and lead a team but he can't even stay on the floor

replace KD or Steph wih Harden on that GSW team and Harden leads them to multiple chips either way

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

look guys it simple. put k.d. on this current team. rockets would have a ring. this year the next year then the year after that lol.
    the man got to the finals when he was comimg off the bench with those guys. fyi. every last guy bettee now

s3ts likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

On this current team in place of Harden?

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

no adding kd to harden n russ

10. vlaurelio

LOL snake didn't even have the balls to listen to the rockets offer with harden on board

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  11. vlaurelio

yeah water is absolutely wet

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is anyone disputing that or saying otherwise?

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, this is his decision making too.
    He made his bed.

While the Rockets were always a playoff team, neither Les nor Tilman are known to invest their most in their respective teams.

Harden built his brand here, knowing very well that the team would only get veteran stars who are about to be past their primes and had zero to little chance to foster a 'young star' either through the draft (impossible without high picks) or through a lopsided trade that likely would never materialize.

At least while he is still here.

If he doesn't win it all, he just put his trust in the wrong people and he ain't that smart to begin with either off the court.

Back to Curry, I do not think he is a pure scorer, a crafty one, yes, but at this point in his career I think it's probably time to pass the torch to Giannis or a younger player.

They're at different junctures of their respective careers, Steph is gradually transitioning into a second option while Harden is chasing his first ship and wouldn't have that luxury.

#33 daywalker02, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden had Dwight. Had CP3. Now has Westbrook. All in different time periods. That's cute.

Curry had a DPOY (Green), another great defender (Iggy), perhaps the second best shooter of all-time (Thompson). At. the. SAME. time. Then GSW went and added one of the best players in history, in Kevin Durant. Another MVP. Surround that nucleus with very solid and competent players (Bogut, Livingston, Barnes), a passionate fanbase and a decent head coach in Kerr.

Harden never had Dwight, CP3 and Westbrook on the same roster, all at once.

s3ts, lilbird20, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden ain’t that smart off the court? Man, wtf are u talking about?

this post is basically saying that it’s Harden’s fault that he hasn’t demanded a trade and tried to form a super team somewhere else...and fans wonder why players have no loyalty these days...

D-rock likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

before you get in too deep, @daywalker02 is a dwight dwiva lover. he blames harden for not letting dwight be hakeem

D-rock likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

whatever the reason is, his posts are usually just a bunch of ramblings or not even relevant to the topic being discussed

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I stopped watching ESPN because of garbage takes. I don't watch Sportscenter anymore and I didn't watch the Last Dance. All I need to know about Jordan is reading The Jordan Rules. Harden will have more points than Curry when it said and done.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You mean that Curry had. I get the point, however, and agree. Replace Curry with Harden, don't change anything else, including Kerr, who I can't stand, and James is sporting rings.

vlaurelio and D-rock like this.