1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Time Visiting Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rw7183, Jan 1, 2005.

1. rw7183

rw7183 Contributing Member

I'll be going to the game tomorrow night for my first game at Toyota Center. Anybody have any helpful tips as to whether it is necessary to purchase expensive tickets or is it relatively easy to move down? How much do ushers usually expect and how close can I get? Thanks for any info in advance.

2. RareAir

RareAir Member

Was there last night and have been there a few times since opening. I've sat pretty much in the cheap seats and from my perspective, there ain't a bad view in da house. Anywhere you sit will be a great view of the action. :D

3. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Like RareAir said, you have a good view from virtually anywhere.
    Ofcourse you cant compare sitting by the floor to the upperdeck but its still good..

I am not sure that moving down is very easy...maybe at the end of the game. The ushers check your tickets carefully, especially in the expensive sections.

4. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

i went 4 times to the center, and 3 times i moved down during 3rd qtr. You just need experience and your cousins working as ushers.:)

5. Genuine

Genuine Member

The one time I went this year I had seats at the very top of the lower level, but by the 3rdq I was seating behind Paul Wall and Slim Thug like 5-6 rows from the court, but behind the basket.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I went to the Clippers game. 2nd time going to Toyota.
    A beer was $7.50!!
    also the chicken sandwich was way overpriced. $6.50

7. thirdcoastTXpulse

thirdcoastTXpulse Contributing Member

I like the chicken basket...After 12 years of season tickets I have yet to get one of those freaking shirts! I'm pretty damn close too! Once I got my hand on one but I can't fight the little girl that just had her day made!

8. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

you can stay down the whole game, just gotta be careful. What i did last year was get to the game early, it was on a wendsay and it was agaist the Bucks, it was also raining so there weren't many people in the game. I got there at the time Boki was shooting 3s with some trainer way before the game, i got my Boki jesey authographed(i thought if i held on to it till he got really good w/houston i could like sell it on ebay or something) I told the security lady that i wanted to get Boki's authograph and she was really nice and she just told us to move if someone had tickets for those seats. This lady is really nice and if you're nice and polite she'll probably let you go to those seats, she's by the main entrance where there's restrooms on the side of the tunnel to go to the expensive seats. Or you could wait till the third quater when the people in the expensive seats leave.