1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. smp

smp Member

Adelman could get could get so much out of this squad if he was the coach and Morey left him alone.

Denovo and Gray_Jay like this.
  2. deshen

deshen Member

Root is on Morey. D'Antoni made some mistakes this game, but even you replace D'Antoni with Phil Jackson or Gregg Popovich, it would be the same result. We do not have championship core.

Best path is to keep Capela and trade everyone else to get draft picks for rebuilding. The sooner it starts, the earlier we will have real hope of championship. I think I said that it would be at least 10 years to have that hope when Harden signed his contract. 7 more years to go.

Morey needs to give up his 3 and layup only plan too, balanced team wins.

smp likes this.
  3. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Sometimes the Coach has to make some gutsy moves to disrupt opponent game plan when things are not working well. MDA doesn't have that. I thought Kerr was very good at it. Heck even Kevin McHale had it.

4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

ask van Gundy as coach, he knows how to call timeout

DJboutit and Rocket River like this.
  5. kevtse

kevtse Member

Cant believe a real NBA coach using his team like a kid playing 2K on playstation who does not even know there is playbook function. Just keep using the star player to dribble crossover dribble, then jack up a shot until the last couple seconds. Not to mention those careless and high risk passes which always lead to turnovers.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

D'Antoni has to go, and coaching is easily the best way we can improve the team based on our cap situation.

Just think about how badly we were outcoached this series:
    • Steve Kerr actually PRE-ADJUSTS before the series even starts by immediately changing the starting lineup. D'Antoni did not change the starting lineup once.
    • Meanwhile, how long did it take us to realize that Capela shouldn't be playing as many minutes? Any who watched the series could see that Austin Rivers was really effective, yet only played 18 minutes compared to Capela's 31 in Game 6
    • Kerr played ELEVEN players in Game 6 including young players like Bell, Cook, McKinnie. D'Antoni predictably sticks with his starters when the bench was playing well, and doesn't play Faried and House at all

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was defending D’Antoni on this board as recently as this afternoon. But, I’m a convert. He needs to be fired on Monday. That was an atrocious display of coaching and game management. He’s a loser leading a career loser who is infecting our superstar with a loser mentality. What else did we expect?

smp, Gray_Jay and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the nbatv panel tore into d'antoni for his horrible coaching job this game. "why didn't he get the ball out of klay's hands first half?" "why didn't he go to his bench while capela was struggling mightily?" "why didn't he go at curry in the 2nd half to get his 4th foul?"

Gray_Jay and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i still can't believe this motherf@cker played crapela the entire game

smp, LosPollosHermanos and PeterKingX like this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Good. Get his ass out of here.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

I haven't been a D'Antoni fan but wow, Game 6 was a total choke job from him.

Btw there is no question in my mind that James Harden wants to fire MDA.

smp likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

Hell yea brother!

PeterKingX likes this.
  13. Mr. Space City

Good thing they didn’t rush CP3 back after his hamstring injury earlier this year, and put him on a minutes restriction, and made him not play back 2 backs, so they could sit him in he most important stretch in Rockets history...

Gray_Jay and amaru like this.
  14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Bit he's such a nice guy!

[​IMG]

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Fire MDA ASAP!

16. Rocketeer4Life

This team is soft because the f**ckn coach is soft.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gone yet?

amaru likes this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Hell no lol. Popovich, Rivers, Jackson, Carlisle etc win this series. Mike makes ZERO in game adjustments. 3’s and layups didn’t cost us the series, rebounding did.

Morey gave Mike Faried, but Faried never did play in the series. I’m sure iHart could have grabbed some boards as well.

This one is all Mike my friend.

Little Bit likes this.
  19. mario_v

mario_v Member

I ****ing love that now you guys want D’Antoni fired for running a predictable iso offense.

I’ve literally been saying that for 3 years now and you are just now realizing how bad his offense is.

Dribble out the clock, shoot a contested 3. Yeah, what a genius.

smp likes this.
  20. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Rockets had really nice depth this year, and it could've even been better if Clark and Hartenstein had a fair shot to play.

When your team is deep, you have the ability to use many different combinations of players to see which ones work. D'Antoni failed to do that all season and then in the playoffs stupidly and stubbornly relied on the starters even when the bench was providing good play.

Rivers, Nene, Faried, House all should've played more, some even more minutes than the starters. RIvers in particular should've played more than Capela and that alone could've flipped the series.