1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden would do amazing things with Pop.

That's why I say, we need to go after Messina. He's been Pop's understudy for years now and has been waiting for the Spurs job but Pop signed an extension.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is not about Golden State being better players
    This is about Kerr being a better coach

Where is House?
    Where is Fareid?
    Why so much capela?
    Why so much Green?

Rocket River

3. smp

smp Member

Morey has to go too. This was not D’Antonis offense. It was Morey. Remember the 7 seconds or less offense D’Antoni brought? Harden and Morey killed it.

Time to move on. GS is really really good even without KD. But they don’t just chuck 3’s and iso over and over. They move the ball. They run through screens. They play basketball that wins tough, close games.

It all starts at the front office. Moreys math works over the long haul. Over a full season it pays off. It breaks down in the playoffs though. It breaks down when you really need a score. When the hoop is small. When you are tired and stressed. Refs aren’t calling anything. You need 2’s. You need high percentage shots.

Notice how we started making them when the game was over? The pressure was off. So they just let it fly. That’s how the regular season is.

I’m tuning out unless they change this up. You can’t run it back again. It doesn’t work.

4. Jbarrachina

Jbarrachina Member

Hope the iso playstyle disappears after firing Morey
    Bring back real basketball

lw17, 3Rings, smp and 1 other person like this.
  5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Knew MDA wasn't a good coach when he couldn't make Melo work.

lw17 likes this.
  6. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

Because of the ISO ball offense of Cuttino Mobley and Steve Francis, I lost interest in the Rockets. This Harden based offense drives me even crazier. It’s lazy. It’s not basketball and more than anything, it’s not sustainable. You cannot win a championship with this style of ball.

Don’t get me wrong, I will root for the Rockets, but I’m not emotionally invested in them and the primary reason is I don’t believe in the way they play basketball and games like tonight continues to make my point.

lw17 and smp like this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Golden State is Golden State they don't have self inflicting wounds as an obstacle on their team. We do starting with MDA he doesnt help us beat the elite

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Everything Harden does on the court besides scoring is to conserve energy because he just can't run at full effort for long stretches.

He switches and never fights over picks and plays post defense because it conserves energy.

He slow walks the ball up because it conserves energy.

He stands near the half court line twiddling his thumbs when the ball isn't in his hands because it conserves energy.

He goes for reaches and never moves his feet on transition defense because it conserves energy.

3Rings and bj3175 like this.
  9. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I simply do not understand his gameplan other than outscoring the opponent by attempting tons of contested 3's. His rotations are also questionable. Throughout the season Faried and House got significant minutes off the bench or starters but were absolutely nowhere in the rotation in the playoffs especially against GSW. I have never seen any other coach make such a drastic decision when these players have been effective throughout the season. Also, this whole zero midrange game is simply not working as Rockets have become too predictable and he is simply not utilizing all strengths of a basketball player or the sport in general and forcing players to attempt so many 3's. It's like Rockets players just do not know what midrange is anymore. All winning teams have had solid players that could also make midrange shots, Kobe, MJ, Leonard, Klay, Durant, Hamilton, Billups, Pierce, Nowitzki etc.

3Rings and Little Bit like this.
  10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

You cant start your offense against a set defense everyplay after running 18 seconds off the clock. You can iso but do it playing in transition not 1 on 5 every play

11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We gave up at least 10 layups because of that tonight. When the big man switches up top on the ball Harden is left to cover the back end. Steve Kerr kept isolating that matchup and Mda never adjusted and we would see Harden late every time on the backside

3Rings and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. Mr. Space City

Lost an elimination game at home to the spurs without their best player

Lost an elimination game at home to the warriors without their best player.

At least D’Antoni is consistent!

lw17 likes this.
  13. jowman

jowman Member

D'antoni is a loser. How good of a coach he is is irrelevant, but the dude is as big a choker as any coach. Who else has gotten as close to winning so many times as him only to lose. Doesnt matter if its outside factors (Spurs) or injuries (CP3 last year) or whatever the **** happened this year. This dude is a straight up LOSER. everything he touches looks shiny and good and then turns to **** when we need it most. Clean house from the top down. Tilman sell the team you ****ing cheap b*stard. Everyone is a jinx

DJboutit, smp and BigShasta like this.
  14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Don't forget, Parker didn't play either.

Don't forget, Curry didn't play most of the first half and had 0 points.

lw17 likes this.
  15. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Rockets have good players too. They are just not being utilized well. All of them are instructed to stay around the perimeter and shoot 3s majority of the time and there is no Plan B.

bj3175 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

I don't think James Harden and current CP3 have it in them to play 7 seconds or left offense. They are too slow footed.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mike actually did a lot what Morey asked him to do to be fair.....so Morey should be on the hot seat as well just not fired yet.

At this point we come to the realization that the trio of Morey, MDA and Harden isn't ready for a championship.

Additionally the owner isn't a big spender.

18. jowman

jowman Member

This Loss is DISGUSTING. Everything that played out is DISGUSTING, to the point where ANY other scenario wouldve been better. We wouldve been better off losing in the first round. Now I'd like to see ANYONE bring up the refs from last year or reffing from any games and get taken seriously. NOPE we will only be known as choking losers. MORE pathetic than westbrook even. Houston shouldve done everyone a favor and tanked, wouldve gotten a pick to set up the future and wouldnt be known as as big of a CHOKER as they are.

Next year please do the fans a favor. SIT Harden and CP3 out for small injuries and just hold them out. We are NOT competing for the championship no point embarrassing ourselves again. Just tank get a pick and hope harden has some prime years left to do something. our CURRENT squad going into next year doesnt stand a chance.

lw17 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

I honestly don't know if it's Dantoni not telling Harden to do something different because Dantoni is stubborn or because Dantoni knows that Harden is set in his ways and he can't do anything about it?

snowconeman22 and bj3175 like this.
  20. Rocketeer4Life

Yup this is all on him this time..