1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You think making billions in non tech or finance is normal?

BigShasta likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

See here is what I think is valid. If they come out flat like this, than I think that’s on him. Like this I get if he can like light a fire under them than something is wrong.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think if you want to invest with significant gains, you need to have some wealth and capital to begin with as a head start. It makes it significantly easier. Opportunity cost is less for someone who is born into some wealth and capital to take the risk of
    starting their own businesses.

D-rock likes this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He's 68. In May, he'll be 69.

D-rock likes this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I have come to accept MDA as a fine but flawed coach but that ultra small lineup last night was the worst lineup choice i've seen in my life.

fattz, D-rock, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  6. DLX94

DLX94 Member

He needs proven bigs in his lineup. The owner doesn't want to spend so he's stuck with a small lineup. He clearly doesn't have faith in Hartenstein. Clint struggles with physical centers.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Uneducated, insensitive, hot tempered folks who simply either don’t understand basketball, never played a sport in their lives, or judgmental. Like I said in a lot of my posts. If someone watches a video of you performing at your cozy corporate job or labor job what world they say? How would you feel if these people criticize every little thing? Things they have little information or knowledge about? What if they advocate your bosses firing you? What if they said you sucked even though you’ve been a professional for years or managing for years involved in hugely successful campaigns and projects yet they still say you suck? How would you feel? Ok well then shut up. Get outta my face with your bullshit.

8. fchowd0311

Now replace "corporate work environment" with "publicly elected officials" or "movie directors" or "movie actors" or "authors".

They provide entertainment. Entertainment always has their critics.

fattz, daywalker02 and harold bingo like this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

While I agree with this, playing a lineup of Austin Rivers, Chris Clemons, Ben McLemore, James Harden and PJ Tucker is INSANE. Clemons is kind of an immediate disadvantage no matter what due to his complete lack of size, putting him in a lineup with no one to defend the paint is baffling.

#609 treyk3, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    juanm34 likes this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

here’s the thing there’s a way to analyze and assess. But to simply put up rude remarks and unecessarily offensive and derogatory and not to mention condescending is unwarranted. Also have facts and speak intelligently instead of conjecture and feelings. Sure everyone has the right to say anything just like you have the right to tell your boss to go to hell or me to shut the F up. But there is a difference between having decorum and unecessarily nasty. At the end of the day if you were a professional player would you want someone writing all these nasty things about you? I think not.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Would Stephen Silas be still available, you think?

Currently an assistant coach with the Dallas Mavericks at the moment.

12. fchowd0311

Preach.

I agree with your sentiment in most regards.

Stephen_A likes this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I’m sorry , but every almost every other team in the league deals with an imperfect roster .

MDA’s excuse can’t be “oh he needs veteran / experienced / good players at every position and THEN he’ll consider expanding the rotation.”

We could get the best backup center in the league and MDA would prefer to play tuckwagon lineup and continue riding PJ until he falls apart .

Clint is now questionable with the same lingering heel injury for Saturday... and my question is ... why was he on pace to play 40 min in a B2b with a nagging injury (the only reason he was saved from those minutes is that we sucked so bad MDA threw in the towel)

By asking too much , constantly from guys....He’s actually encouraging players to take plays off , because they have to in order to have juice down the stretch if they play 40 min.

While I admit our roster isn’t great . I believe most of these minutes issues are directly from MDA. There are too many historical examples of him opting to do this same strategy (play small , cut rotation) when his back is against the wall.

fattz, Little Bit and pippendagimp like this.
  14. fchowd0311

People have to consider when desiring to fire Dantoni that Harden is very comfortable playing with Dantoni's green light and system of ball dominance by one player.

That means any well established coaches who have a strict system are out of the question. There would be an ideological clash between Harden and that coach. Harden is too set in his ways to adapt to something different by now.

That means if you want a new coach it's going to have to be some sort of less experienced push over coach that allows Harden to do his thing.

So someone like Ty Lue.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

regardless he's the second oldest coach in the league behind Pop and even Pop is showing signs of not giving a ****

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

#1 being a billionaire is in no way normal.
    #2 billionaires existed before tech was a thing.
    #3 most billionaires are putting their money all over the place to create a diverse portfolio so they can continue to own the rest of the world without worrying about a specific industry crashing.

Real Estate (Donald Bren, yea i'm sticking with Bren) , Oil Tycoons (T. Boone Pickens), Steel Magnates( Andrew Carnegie) are all pretty prominent examples of billionaires in history.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like I've seen this somewhere else before

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't agree with this. I think the only people who assume this are people who have very low opinions of Harden.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

I’d like examples of coaches who adjust or ones who aren’t reliant on their star. Please give me some. Defense I get, rotations I get, even discipline. But I’m not sure when as team u shoot 37%

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Fire him for Harden playing drunk, for Adams being a terrible matchup for Clint, for House being scared to shoot, and for Austin being trash! MDA's fault.

clutchdabear, D-rock and HP3 like this.