1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni if we don't win this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenMvp, May 21, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What if I agreed? That's me at my window looking for the Guts and Backbones of the Rockets. I know they're out there, somewhere. I've got until Tuesday to find them. Ran into D'Antoni, who I almost took for a Replicant. Held my fire, though. He told me that he's looking for the same thing. That, and continuity.

The guy is trying to figure out how we could play so well in game 2 after a lousy game 1, and then suck so hard in game 3. Logic would tell us that the situation we are in now is no different than the situation we were in after game 1. Home court is still ours for the taking. It's sitting there in Oakland and all we have to do is play like we can and grab it. Getting a grip on the best things in this world is never easy, though. It takes a toll. I know that much. Just look at me. So I told Mike the only thing I could think of. Grow back your mustache.

[​IMG]

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Can Dan Tony make players make layups?

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not sure he can grow the mustache by tomorrow night ;)

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  5. macan

macan Member

i don't know man there's not many good coaches available in the market right now..

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin McFale is afailable

ramotadab and macan like this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Looking way ahead but I like Shaka smart and I think we have interviewed him before or jay wright or even Kevin Ollie

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

And turnovers cause more fast break and shot opportunities for GS, probably the best shooting team of all time. They’re just an all time great team and you have to pick your poison when you play them.

9. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

find another brad stevens.

macan likes this.
  10. mario_v

mario_v Member

That’s stupid. Harden led the league in turnovers last year and all he did was dominate the ball and iso.

Bottom line is moving the ball, getting open shots will always be greater than isoing and shooting contested jumpers.

11. How Sweet It Is!

Umm, he is available.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Phil Jackson is a guy Harden needs to evolve more as a player. Sadly Phil is quite old. Mike DAntoni never gets angry at James Harden at all when he just strolls on defense, and dribbles way too long in the shot clock. I don't think the role players are young enough to have extra stamina. The depth is depleted in the playoffs. The bench is the worst in the playoffs collectively. Luc, Eric, Gerald, inconsistent Ryan no playing time. The depth on the bench really needs to be addressed through the draft. Rockets really need a First Rounder.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Maybe assistant....No way MDA goes anywhere until 2 or more years.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

McHale got fired after getting to WCF. Casey who will probably win COTY got fired after having the best season in Raptor's history. Being a NBA coach is not good for job security.

15. feelgoodjones

feelgoodjones Member

Delete this thread, make my day.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

True, but D'Antoni ain't going anywhere. For chrissakes, he led the Rockets to a 14-game improvement in his first season and a 10-game improvement in his second. They just won 65 games(and could've won 66 had they run their starters out there in the season finale), have the league's best record, the league's best point differential, and will either win the title this year or get knocked out by arguably the greatest collection of talent ever assembled in modern NBA history.

Please delete this thread.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

McHale constantly preached ball movement. That's your solution?

You really think the Rockets have more talent?

You think the Rockets could sweep the Warriors?

Play Joe Johnson?

Really?

tmoney1101 likes this.
  18. bevo202

bevo202 Member

If we lose in 5 it's basically going to be fire the coach or send some players away. Can't bring them same group back, everyone not named Capela will be a year older, even less athletic, more injury prone etc.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or ban him from starting more than one thread per day, I guess.

ramotadab likes this.
  20. AkeemTheDreem86

You shouldn't need a coach to motivate you when you make millions of dollars and your whole life has built up to this moment.

You need a heart.