1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Agreed. Y'all need to chill. It's gonna take a while to mesh. Remember, Miami wasn't built in 1 season.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Agreed on all points.

Morey has done an outstanding job assembling this roster. He's done an extremely poor job with the coach.

This is like buying a bunch of expensive art supplies and canvases and then giving it to a 1st grader who just wants to finger paint.

Mchale just wants to finger paint.

2 people like this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I agree with everything but I think mchale as a guy who attracts players is overrated.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

One of your better posts, my man. See, it is not that hard to do. Only if McHale could improve.:grin:

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

How is Morey a top 5 GM? Year in and out he pisses the pot on getting a legit point guard. Then he goes out and gets a drunk scrub with no heart and I'm supposed to say oh that makes up for the garbage he's put out at PG? Eff that. Stop drafting useless PFs that can't defend or rebound.

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Keep Morey bring in Thibs!

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Yeah morey is still one of the best GMs in the league. We keep Morey.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Best Gm? Get this fat arrogant Yankee douchebag outta my city.

9. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Who would you rather have? What other team is set up to have a roster like we do, with flexibility that got their star players via trade and/or FA? There is no such team. Every other contender has drafted their nucleus: GState, Thunder, Spurs (till this year with LMA, but theyve been contenders forever), Cavs (unique situation), Bulls, etc. We are the only team in recent history (maybe other than big 3 boston) that never had to go rock bottom, draft in the top 5 for a year or 2 to build our franchise. You people are insane if you think there are better GM's that can be had out there. Now if Morey is refusing to get rid of Mchale when it is painfully obvious that he is in way over his head, then I have no problem getting rid of him. Want to know why we get no respect around the league, play pickup style basketball on both offense and defense, and all of our losses look like we dont care? Its all because of Mchale. I dont blame Morey for hiring Mchale, and with last year cant really blame him for the extension. But to keep him when its blatantly obvious he cannot motivate or direct a team to success is failing as a GM. But for a guy building a roster, deciding contracts, and working his ass off to try and make us legit, there are alot worse options out there than Morey.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I like Morey, its hard for me to hate on him. He's a good GM...make no mistake of that. The second the guy is fired he'd be scooped up in a second. That being said he really needs to give the reigns of this team to a competent coach and allow the coach to implement a versatile offense that isn't as easy to stop as this one, and beat some defensive discipline into this team.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

But the problem is he gave McHale the extension before last season. So even if we had gotten eliminated in the first round, McHale would still be extended. Moreys biggest failing is his inability to draft good talent regardless of position. He has zero college talent evaluation skills, which is a Huge component of being a good GM. I absolutely hate that he's so effing dismissive of good point guard play. It's killed us every single damn year and continues to do so today. The one decent NBA starter he had in Dragic, he casually tossed him aside because of a single stupid year. Meanwhile he throws three of them to a coach that has no idea where the hell they are playing g half the time

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Haha, I love this analogy.

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Well, OK then. Back to the Lin thread. It's a bit more sane there.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He's actually from the Midwest, both high school and undergrad.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

17. alethios

alethios Member

Morey just wants the players to play harder - is that so wrong???

[​IMG]

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wow, so you want someone to "give you" a better guy. That's a great idea! Why didn't anyone think of that before?

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is definitely top ten worst thread category and that's quite an accomplishment for this site.

20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Btw Cavs started 4-5 last year too.