1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ashley - we are on the same page girl

I would urge to you to just PM me if you want to discuss more. These dudes here are in the sack for Maury. They don't care for the facts and hard core stats. They fall prey to the we are the 2nd winningest team in t he regular season over the past 10 years. They are the same ones who:

- Said McFail was a good coach and Maury was right to hire him and then extend his sorry ass even after the Portland humiliation
    - Thought busty sam dekker was a good draft pick by maury, Lulz
    - Thought the Ryan Anderson contract was a great deal for the Rockets
    - Thought that Kostas papascrub could be an NBA level player lmao
    - And don't get me started on how these dudes defended Marcus Morris over Kawhi or the Royce Be Well White pick

They think maury is the best GM when he is not a top 5 GM in the league

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Thank you. I think most of my arguments are warranted, they just resort to personal attack when they run out of their own arguments.

I gotta say Morey is one hell of a PR genius. I've never seen this much propaganda from other GMs in the league.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

Agreed. They don't resort to facts or hardcore analysis to refute any arguments. Just junior schoolish personal attacks. I would stay clear of the following VI's who don't know much about basketball - larsv8, justayankee, chenjy, swyyygyy etc. To them Maury can do NO wrong

If you want good genuine responses, hit up @Fulgore or @RocketsTruth who has clearly said Maury is a horrible GM or @cheke64

ashleyem, cheke64 and Fulgore like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why not just say he is an above average nerd with hits and misses? A glorified One.

#264 daywalker02, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    cheke64 and getbloodyred like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Can I have a list of your past predictions? I need to know so I'm not just blindly following you

DreamShook likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

fired for not getting an aging Melo...lol

Morey got CP3, but no props for that right?

Morey built a 55 win team and got Harden to extend for 6 more years...crickets on those moves tho, but not getting Melo, that's the thing that should do him in

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This entire thread is a joke. Morey is the best GM we could ever hope for.

larsv8 likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

I have stated my position clearly. Maury is not a top 5 GM

He falls in the next tier, so yes above average

9. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

We should see the result of the CP3 trade before firing anybody. We have two top 10 playmakers in the NBA, arguably top 5. We should see if we can make that work before anything. We didn't get Melo and I am disappointed by that but it could be a blessing in disguise. Let's just wait.

10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Personally, I agree with you. But for someone who hasn't delivered much playoff success, i can understand the ire of some fans. Not getting Melo is not a fireable offense though. That much is clear.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I will need a photo of this Nostradamus, you speak of, slide it into my dm's. I need to know who I am following and be able to put a name to a face.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm currently shell shocked from believing @basketballholic

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Did he slide a photo into your dm's and you were shell-shocked at his face?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He had his moments..... those felt glorious I admit but I am not enough of an homer to forget the failures.

He is always close but no cigar.

I would like him as a friend, someone to talk to.... you can never fire a friend, maybe stop being friends.

I am tired of giving him leeway so may Fertitta decide.

#274 daywalker02, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    cheke64 likes this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I wish it was his face...

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We made the WCF and last season almost got back there again despite having some of the lowest expectations going into the season. We made the playoffs almost every single year since he took over and finally shedding T-Mac's carcass. I'd say playoffs performance has exceeded expectations honestly. The people who don't think so were the ones hoping he could flip a penny for a million bucks.

noxiousdog likes this.
  17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That was Les Alexander, next.

DreamShook likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

as DD has advocated in the past, we need a basketball guy in the front office beside morey and with considerable control on decision-making along with him. morey is very skilled and adept as a gm, but there is often something missing in his analysis. case in point, why the F was our big man depth so predictably horrible last season? after nene went down we basically had no chance of advancing against a depleted sperms team because LMA suddenly turned into hakeem. that should not have happened.

19. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I'm very content with Morey's tenure. We always put a good team out there. We had the hiccup in 2016 but outside of that, we've done well. Some fans just want the world, but Morey is still an above average GM. He's not the reason we aren't winning championships.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I would chalk up anything DD says with a metric ton of salt. His basketball talent scouting prowess history speaks for itself and he lives and breathes to **** on Morey no matter what.

You can blame that one on D-Mo as well as our insistence on leaving that big guy who shoots FT's underhanded in the D-League. How much of that falls on Morey, who knows?