1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Close games become a comedy of errors

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can you be a good NFL team if your coach is a panzy?

alethios likes this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

3rd and 4, knowing you absolutely need a first down (because the secondary is horse s**t), and you don't trust your stud QB.

One of the most indefensible play calls I have ever seen.

DreamShook, ElPigto and alethios like this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That's two very tough losses on BOB. He says Watson learns and doesn't repeat the same mistake. Wish that was true of him also.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Watson is amazing. Has the talent to virtually carry this team alone, but is smart enough to know we need to lose to let BOB get fired.

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

He's trash. That's 2 games now. Watson out here just putting up God numbers and O'B still finds a way to lose.

#1506 Thefabman, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Officially on board. This is truly unacceptable loss. Brady and now Wilson both had the opportunity to be a hero because Bill OBrien is a coward...4th and 2 on the road with the other team down by 4...WTF?? Fck u BOB for stealing this win from Watson.

8. Mr. Space City

great playcaller for 3 3/4 quarters then turns into a queefing vagina when it's time to be aggresive.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Seattle gives the game to them. Good ol' Bob cleans it off and gives it right back.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Pretty much.

We have a top 10 coach for most of the game, and a pants pissing chump at the most important moments.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  11. alethios

alethios Member

Right because there was no way our secondary was going to prevent that last TD by Wilson.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yep. This year has been a greek tragedy. So many opportunities for signature wins turned into embarrassing losses, meanwhile we seem to have a potential HOFer at QB.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

So do we go after a offensive guru?

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

BOB deserves an extension for developing a QB superstar in the making. The defensive collapse is not his fault. Fire Vrabel.

mario_v likes this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They probably wouldnt have gotten the ball back if the Texans make that 1st down.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You realize that BOB is the "Head Coach" not just the offensive coordinator right?

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

---- My post from another thread, I figured I'd paste it here ----

I'm pissed man. This is the second game that we should have not lost this season. It's one reason to lose due to players mistakes, but to lose to coaches mistakes is just unacceptable at this point. Bob's conservative, bullshit play calling is going to cost us going to the playoffs where Watson could of gotten some more exposure. Apparently, this team is a playoff team, but the coaching is holding us back.

How the hell can you trust your coach if he does not trust you? Watson has proven that he can win games, yet his dumbass coach makes some mind boggling decisions. As a fan, I can live with Watson making a mistake and losing the game for us, but I can't deal with shitty BoB doing a shitty job and playing like a p***y. I can't handle that.

I definitely hope BoB gets canned. He was given a lifeline this season by the surprising play of Watson and he has thrown this lifeline away. We can't have a p***y coach doing the coaching during more important games in the playoffs. We need a coach that's going to trust his star quarterback and give the ball to him and let him win it for us. This coach is too damn of a micromanager and is ****ing up what could very well be a surprisingly good season. We should be 5-2 right now, not 3-4. **** BoB, he needs to get over his damn nerves and let the rookie play. If the rookie ****s up, then he ****s up, but at least he will learn. He can't learn if you are running away from what is working.

Holy ****, what a **** up. We could of had two huge wins this season. I forgave him the first time thinking he would learn, but his dumbass does the same thing again! I can't forgive this.

Kim likes this.
  18. mario_v

mario_v Member

I agree. Obrien has been great. Firing obrien would be terrible for Watson’s development, but people have already made up there mind about obrien.

Gets none of the credit for having the highest scoring offense, gets all the blame for one play.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Watson made BOB not the other way around. BOB needs Watson more than Watson needs him. Watson is the franchise, BOB is just a mediocre coach who is replaceable.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U can't give a man credit when that one play the called cost us a game. It's like paying a person for doing 99% of the job and leaving a part unfinished.