1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Like our GM is doing?

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm not a Texans fan, but the way I look at it from afar is that he is a winner. That' proven. On the GM side he's too human. It's like he's just trying to remove difficult situations. And I'm not totally against that, but the better approach is not to remove the problem player, but remove the problem and keep the player. And that's where he's falling short both on and off the field. He's doing the exact opposite of Phil Jackson. That's the best way I can describe it. Jordan, Rodman, Pippen, and Kukoc all had issues. Phil Jackson simply removed the issues and problems by changing the rules. O'Brien seems to remove the players instead. And for me, that's all this really comes down too. The ability to adapt.

Shark44 likes this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

It's not just players. If you have any sort of disagreement with BOB, he finds a way to get you fired ala Brian Gaine and Chris Olsen.

Every GM knows when BOB hates a player, they can come in and fleece him.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. raining threes

Not saying he shouldn't be fired for 51-7.

But he hasn't even made 1st draft pick as GM where he's making the final call in the draft. So I think he should get atleast a couple of drafts before you make a decision on BOB the GM.

5. raining threes

Gaine was fired for HR reasons. Had nothing to do with BOB. Olsen was a cap guy and if you believe BOB (Which I do) that was all Cal's doing. Cal also promoted from within.

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I think you've got an interesting perspective on this. BOB is your ol' school coach. Phil was definitely a New Age kind of coach. As far as BOB as a GM, he's the kind of guy you want to play poker with, because he can't hide his emotions.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

lets waste a few more seasons b4 we can grade BoB drafting skills, maybe he needs a few more trade rape before he wises up and stop sht trades. This sht coach hasnt been able to develop like any talent his six years as a coach and now we gonna have to "trust his process" and do what?

Lack of first round picks cause of desperate and sht trades so cant tank. Cant trust BoB to coach, much less draft competently. Like what do BoB defenders even look forward to this season anyways, meh record or afc south title, just to get sht on playoffs once more?

Like how many more times do we need to watch our ass get sht on in playoffs to realize, and say maybe i shouldnt blindly ride and die for a sht coach.

RayRay10 and TheRealist137 like this.
  8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

For the record....are you a BOB defender?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Watson hater, Bob defender

Yikes!

#5629 J.R., Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Krause didn't win **** without Jordan and Phil Jackson. Easy to do with the Best Player and one of the top 2 coaches in NBA history.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No one is asking YOU to do anything but a find a team that makes you happy.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

stfu no one is talking to u. BoB dck rider. I will b happy when this sht BoB is fired and watching u moan about how the grass isn't always greener bs.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL.....your boyfriend letting you post. You are going to have to wait atleast 2 seasons. Keep whining.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

keep sucking BoB dick. we all know u r just waiting to come out of the closet. The amount of dck riding for him is insane.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

*sigh*. Whine, Whine, Whine. Do not support O'Brien.........but I'm not going to waste time on b****ing about him when it won't change the structure. Might as well let it play out.

17. raining threes

Jordan didn't win squat until Krause added Pippen/Kukoc etc... to the team. BTW, Krause also drafted Jordan.

So Krause did a pretty good job.

18. raining threes

This just in, the Chiefs had the better talent/Coaching/QB on their team and because of this not only won the game against the Texans but also won a SB. Talent wins out.

19. raining threes

Nope, there are many things I dont like about the way BOB is running the team.

I do like all of the trades he's made excluding the Duke trade. Even the Clowney trade worked out fine. I was against the trade at the time. Hopefully the Nuk trade works out as well. There are many more weapons at Watson's disposal now compared to last yr.

20. raining threes

Certainly not a BOB defender, 51-7 should cost a HC his job.