1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. raining threes

SMDH

The QB must be able to read defenses regardless of what the HC calls or the defense scheme is. It's a major part of playing QB at the NFL level.

Dirt Road likes this.
  2. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

I really believe Watson can be the best QB in the game. He is really clutch but I agree he has to 1. Learn to see the blitz. 2. Get rid of the ball quicker.

raining threes likes this.
  3. raining threes

I did misread your post and I apologize.

I do think BOB called a very good game seeing how Watson had a bad game and part of that was he throwing to WR's that have only been on the team for a month or less. Put that together with that stud Blue at RB running behind that OL and BOB's offense should've put up 40 instead of 29.

4. raining threes

This is where I'm at, these things and improved OL/WR and a better RB than Blue and he could be great. That's quite a few holes to fill considering they could use a CB or two and an inside rusher wouldn't hurt either.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sht hc but sure blame the rookie QB trying his best to compensate for sht play calls. Field goals majority of the game, but watson and Hopkins was clutch that last drive. Unless u gonna argue that it was bob plan all along, field goals all game and a td for the clinch. Pffft.

Watson sucks at reading blitz and tries too hard to b a hero, but bob is hot garbage and isnt helping watson to make it any easier.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

He wasnt throwing that much last year and the line was probably worse.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

And miraculously he was doing that on the last scoring drive when they changed to a hurry up offense.

8. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

He was getting rid of the ball quicker but Jets stopped blitzing which was dumb.

raining threes and Nimo like this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Hop was running routes where he was open quicker. And all that extra fake jet sweep went away. Everyone knew they were going to pass and yet he was finding receivers. With the Jets not blitzing you would think the receivers will be covered more.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Clearly Watson struggles with certain blitzes. That's why it's the coaches job to make those adjustments to help his very young quarterback.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Been there done this back when Jeremy Lins took over the Rockets forum. Lol

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lol you and me both.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Come back and eat this crow we have for you

raining threes and TheRealist137 like this.
  14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

As far as Bill O'Brien, he has to stop making the same mistakes he made in year one.

15. raining threes

Agreed, but a coach can only do so much.

The best a coach can try to do is teach him where the blitz is coming from and where to go with the ball. Also a coach can teach him not to hold onto the ball so long and to throw the ball away. At some point the QB has to be held responsible for these things.

16. raining threes

I really dont care about this year. Of course I'm rooting for them to win. Keeping Watson healthy this season is the thing I hope for the most. So far so good and fix the OL in the draft next season.

17. raining threes

What mistakes did he make yesterday? He called a game where his team put up 29 points with a terrible OL, Blue as his RB and 2 WR's that have been with the team less than a month. That doesn't even speak to Watson making rookie mistakes at QB which is to be expected at this stage of his development. BTW, BOB did manage to call plays that got the ball in his best playmakers hands 10 times yesterday.

I would say BOB had a really good day yesterday.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dude he almost cost us the game. Calling that timeout was Bush league. The Jets ended up scoring and taking the lead. And then he plays for the FG verses putting a drive together to get the 1st down.

#3518 Htownballer38, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  19. raining threes

He called timeout because the defense was disjointed. (Who's fault was that?) I'm glad he called a TO since Darnold threw for the 1st down on 4th down. With a WR uncovered and confusion reigning over the defense that situation could've easily given the Jets a TD. It was the right move.

They drove the ball down the field long enough to use up all of the time but one minute. They kicked a FG to go up seven. If the defense cant keep the Jets out of the EZ then they wouldn't have deserved to win anyways. IMHO

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member