1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Felllas, how do you deal with your S.O. gaining weight?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Feb 17, 2023.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

For married and people in long term relationships, how do you deal with your wife/girlfriend inevitably getting comfortable and putting on some pounds? Note not talking about pregnancy or other health related reasons, just normal eating bad and not staying active leading to some extra fat?

Do you have a talk about it? Do you not care if she gets big? Would love to hear different perspectives.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Get her on the shot, monjaro or ozempic. Thats the trend right now. Without a doubt she will gladly take it.

LosPollosHermanos and Xerobull like this.
  6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

As an AI language model, I don't have a significant other, but I can offer some general advice on how to handle the situation sensitively.

First and foremost, it's important to approach the topic with kindness and empathy. Gaining weight can be a sensitive issue for many people, and it's important to be supportive and understanding of your significant other's feelings.

One way to start the conversation is to express your concern for their health and well-being. You can ask if there's anything you can do to help support them in achieving their health goals. It's important to focus on their health rather than their appearance, as that can come off as insensitive.

It's also important to recognize that weight gain can have many different causes, and it's not always as simple as just eating too much or not exercising enough. It could be related to stress, hormonal changes, or other underlying health issues. Encourage your partner to speak with a doctor or other health professional if they're concerned about their weight.

Finally, it's important to remember that your partner's worth is not determined by their weight or appearance. Love and support them for who they are, not for what they look like.

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

depends where she gaining weight. i'm all bout them bbw with meat on the right places frfr.

[​IMG]

Dankstronaut, Nook, Andre0087 and 4 others like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The AI speaks the truth.

From what I’ve noticed most women’s body change in their late 30’s and 40’s but so do men. It comes down to what would you think if your SO started talking about how six pack is turning into a keg.

It’s also how much you’re committed to the relationship. If looks are that important then it’s likely the relationship was never going to last.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree, some women the weight settles correctly, other ones look like a blob. Good luck OP!

Jontro likes this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bing:

This is a sensitive topic that requires empathy and honesty. According to some web sources²³, you can help your significant other by:

- Having a conversation with them about your goals and how they can support you
    - Encouraging healthy living habits such as eating well, exercising, and sleeping enough
    - Being an active listener and providing empathy to their worries or complaints
    - Avoiding being too direct, hurtful, or judgmental to them

Are you concerned about your own weight gain or your partner's?

Source: Conversation with Bing, 2/17/2023(1) How to Help Your Overweight Girlfriend or Boyfriend Be Healthy. https://www.wikihow.com/Help-Your-Overweight-Girlfriend-or-Boyfriend-Be-Healthy Accessed 2/17/2023.
    (2) I've Gained Weight in My Relationship. How Do I Get It Under Control?. https://www.insider.com/gained-weight-in-new-relationship-how-to-stop-2021-10 Accessed 2/17/2023.
    (3) I've Gained Weight in My Relationship. How Do I Get It Under Control?. https://www.insider.com/gained-weig.... 5 Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Accessed 2/17/2023

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I got fat before my wife did. Put on 15 lbs of sympathy weight and never got it off. Downhill from there.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My wife is too vein to gain too much weight and she pretty much gains it in her boobs and ass. That's why other girls refer to her as "that b****" until they get to know her, and can't hate her anymore.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Connect and socialize with health minded people. Focus on your health and not hers.

Slyonebluejay, B-Bob and pmac like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

When I met my partner (together 8+ years now) she was 40+ pounds overweight, and within a year of our relationship she lost all 40 of it, which was inspired by me, but of course only at the hands of her hard work and dedication.

That's how you get a house out of your price range btw, find one with some minor cosmetic issues, fix it up your self and enjoy the neighborhood and whatnot. Anyways, I'm not a person who doesn't speak openly with friends and family, and my spouse is no different. I find it a bit bizarre and terrifying that some people would have a hard time communicating their true feeling with their partner of all people, but I get that people are all different.

To touch on a couple of other posts in this thread, firstly KC's. It's true that extra weight can make some women more f*ckable, it's a hard truth to ignore in today's glorification of fat asses, I myself am a truly dedicated lover of the fat ass, and was more than willing to tear my partner's chunk ass up when we first met.

The 2nd post I want to touch on is the AI text saying to focus on health. While I am admittedly a chubby chaser, I've always deeply cared about health, very early in our relationship, I pointed out to her that while I enjoyed her body as is, she was, in fact, bordering the obesity mark on the BMI index and that shet isn't going to cut it long term in life, yeah I like how it feels when you sit on my face but the consequences to your heart health, cancer risk, and overall life enjoyment / expectancy is disastrous.

So long story short I got her on a diet of eating close to vegetables only, I got her into working out a couple of hours every day, and she lost 40 pounds in like 6 months. It's been 8 years and multiple children later, and she's stayed in shape / has gotten herself back into shape after every pregnancy. That's my experience on this matter, to this point. For me being blunt, and recommending diet and exercise worked, but I truly enjoyed her body as it was, deeply cared about her health, was personally very fit as an example, and most importantly she had the willingness to put in the hard work herself at the end of the day.

Good luck

Yung-T and Exiled like this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Don't touch my post.

justtxyank, Deckard, Nook and 3 others like this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You start by negging her. Go easy and intermittently at first, but then start ramping up and increase the frequency. Her self esteem will plummet. When she cries and confronts you, pretend that you have no idea what she means and that it's all in her mind. Gas light her like crazy, but sprinkle in some "I love you for who you are inside" and other compliments. She'll eat it up (like she does with food lately) because those compliments will be a light in her dark tunnel of low self esteem.

Eventually, she'll start self medicating her depression. That's when you initiate the subliminal messaging. Start watching Breaking Bad. She'll be hearing and seeing more about meth, which will get her mind thinking about trying it. When she does, she will get hooked on the highs. Good news because it'll make her lose a lot of weight. Bada bing, bada boom, problem solved. You're welcome.

DreamR, superfob, Nook and 10 others like this.
  18. CrazyJoeDavola

You should gain more weight than she does to remind her who wears the fat pants in the family.

Rashmon, AroundTheWorld, Nook and 8 others like this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Next thing you know, she is coming home yelling at you and asking where her dinner is and you're too skinny to resist.

Andre0087, Kim, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I heard this quote from a no bullshit doctor:

“What outfits do you think your kids are going to wear to your funeral?”

The truth is, if you have a family, you really need to take care of your health first. Being overweight and unhealthy feels like ****. If you’re healthy and feel good, you can better take care of them.

boomboom likes this.