1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets want Melo off the bench, may sign with Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's an insanely good first half player. If he's willing to cut minutes, his career will keep going... someone will always need a player that can get you rolling early.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heatmap? Carmelo Anthony to Miami confirmed

3. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Yeah his legs just go after that 32 minute it seems. Maybe MDA can do a first 7, last 7 with him early in the year to preserve his legs

25-32 a game give or take a few minutes to get a dead ball. I'd then gradually give him more during long lay offs to see how his body and legs respond. Say we got 2 days off, 1 game and then a day off. I'd play him 36 minutes just to see what he does out there with extended time.

7-10-7-Half-7-10-7 should be the standard early on.

4. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe it just a control tactic to see if he will sacrifice for the team. I am all for him starting >>> just win.

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Media sure is overrating Trevor Ariza defense, he can't even stop Carmelo, 14 points in the 4th, Carmelo just bullied Ariza to the basket

6. JW86

JW86 Member

Low blow and just shows you have no real argument. Next!

7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

He really was a crackhead.

Also his rant shows he has no real knowledge of Melo and simply is going off of narratives. Everything he said was disproven last year when he took the backseat in OKC.

The doesn’t play defense is constantly disproven. I tell dudes all the time not being a great defender doesn’t mean you do not play defense. Steph Curry gets torched a ton but he plays defense, he’s just not athletic enough to handle these dynamic guards. Melo is the same.

Cris Carter shouldn’t be taken serious when he made that Washington Generals joke, shows he’s looking for shock value. He’s also still a former crackhead. Facts.

8. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

The media has to go off of narratives honestly. They really have no idea what they’re talking about. I barely watch ESPN anymore only for Lebatard because he mocks sports radio and kinda stays away from narratives.

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Why bother listening to all the Media guys, Carter is a football player, what does he know about basketball. Everyone last year predicted CP3 and Harden to suck. Let’s just play it out and see how it works before coming to random conclusions based on nothing.

If anything Oladipo gives you hope that Melo could be awesome, cuz playing next to Westbrook he was complete trash.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Didn’t read the whole thing but why is Ennis starting not an option?

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Carmelo always seems to shet on us even with good defenders, I remember Shane Battier couldn't guard him either whenever we played in 2009ish

12. rammo

rammo Member

Comeback season Melon will torch 2nd units.

If he has any understanding of how fanbases work, he’d see that playing the 6th man role on this Rockets team could put him in cult hero territory quick smart.

Happy loved by the fans Melon is what we want. Not jeered, bored in the corner Melon.

HakeemOnlyFan and #34 like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am more of a fan of brining Melo off the bench to balance the offense/defense of the team. But I have a hard time seeing management say "Melo, we want you off the bench so we can start this Vet Min guy, Ennis in your place." I look at Ennis as the Moute replacement. If the Rockets could get a high value replacement for Ariza....then that would be a different conversation. Like, "Melo, we want you to come off the bench with Bazemore starting at SF."

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nothing low about dismissing a dude who didn't even play int he NBA, isn't even a journalist nor does he have any connection to basketball. It's like taking Earl Campbell's opinions about Harden as legit.

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Melo Melo Melo! Draft Class.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

and cf's is overrating someone else so it can go both ways

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

cris carter is also a huge harden hater. so F him.

HakeemOnlyFan and houston19519 like this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Aren't we all just a bunch of former crackheads trying to make it

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I guess this is a low risk high reward type of thing but seriously, taking a look at the last few years of Melo's play, I'm more than weary of his presence on this roster. But then again, we lost 2 players already so maybe I'm just being overly cautious.

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

At the begging of last offseason (during all those potato-head madness), if I had told you we’d trade Ariza for Melo and Ennis straight up, who would say no?