1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Far-right extremist Nate Silver mocks moderate Dems

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Space Ghost, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Pretty good point

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  3. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

It simply revealed how fake, empty and full of shiit that whole saving democracy schtick is.

cml750 and Bandwagoner like this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I have no love lost for the DNC or Joe Biden but I don't consider railroading an incumbent President through to the nomination (however unpopular they may be) to be a threat to the country on the same level as electing someone who won't commit to a peaceful transfer of power.

Agent94, Rashmon, Xerobull and 8 others like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Do you idiots not understand the fact that Joe Biden is the incumbent president? This isn’t a reality dating show.

Of course every Democrat wishes Biden was younger and if this wasn’t an incumbent presidency Biden would almost surely not be picked. Reagan could barely remember his name in his second term but no Republican cared because the first term was so successful in their minds that they knew it was important to continue to continuity through the 8 years.

Even if you hate Biden which you obviously do for some weird reason you cannot deny that he has had quite a few big successes and most Democrats really do trust his administration to make good decisions. With the exception of allowing Netanyahu too much rope in his war against Palestine. Which is the main reason his approval rating is so low. That’s the progressive left who will never be satisfied with a moderate Democrat ever and nor should they. Doesn’t mean they are voting for Donald freaking Trump.

I could have guessed that Space Ghost was a Nate Silver stans. Both guys are not nearly as smart as they think they are and sanctimonious as hell.

6. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can we get a delivery like this from the President?

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was March 31st of the election year. Biden still has plenty of time

B-Bob and Space Ghost like this.
  8. dobro1229

I’m sure he could. Biden does have a stutter and he is more than 10 years older than LBJ was at this point so maybe not quite as eloquent but written Biden speeches are usually pretty well executed.

Could Biden give a speech this March announcing he’s not running for re-election for sure. It could happen but it’s not likely given that history shows in the LBJ case that it doesn’t help the party win at all and now the way that election donations go, it could significantly put the party at a disadvantage going up against a multi billion dollar Trump machine.

But yes it could still happen. He could have a health issue or a family issue that leads him to bow out but it would not be for the benefit of the election and would likely cause a situation where it makes it more likely that Trump wins in November even if a stronger candidate like Newsom or Kamala or Whitmer emerges by the DNC convention.

(Also same could be said about Trump would literally could have a heart attack at any moment given he’s virtually the same age as Biden but morbidly obese and does not exercise).

As long as the data shows that Biden is going to hold the progressive voters and they aren’t going to not show up or vote third party he should run again unless his health fades. If he’s healthy there’s no reason to not run. There’s nothing but downsides to doing what LBJ did which ushered in the Nixon era which ultimately led to the Trump era.

9. dobro1229

Even if he announced he wasn’t running a year ago it would have been a bad time. Only then he would have kneecapped his presidency and it would have made doing things like negotiating with Netanyahu more challenging. Not to mention trying to get a border deal done with hacks in Congress.

Either you guys just don’t get the reality of the situation or you are just trolling… which is always true in your case regardless but now both might be true.

But yes Biden could still bow out at any time before the conference. That’s where the delegates can pick a nominee despite what did or didn’t happen in Iowa or New Hampshire. It’s possible that even if he announced he wasn’t running back in October, that in the SC primary he still wins due to write ins given his popularity in that state as a sitting president.

So yeah I mean sure… Biden probably does have some time to bow out if his health fades. Despite his age though there would be no other reason not to run. LBJ got us into Vietnam for christs sake. Funny that neither of you mentioned that fact.

I’m just wondering why you aren’t also talking about when Trump could also exit the race due to the fact that he is also roughly the same age, showing cognitive decline, but at the same time morbidly obese.

10. Space Ghost

That is not my interpretation of Silvers comment. Silver is acting as a bellwether, warning the DNC this is quickly becoming their titanic moment. The trend is more and more people are becoming increasing concerned about Biden's mental state. Democrats are in a very bad position because no amount of PR work is going to fix this and the only way out is to put Biden up in long form debates.

If Democrats or anyone for that matter feel Trump is a real threat, then they would take Biden's poor numbers very seriously. "Going down with the ship" is a very stupid tactic because as he states, "thats just how things are done".

Silver is making it very clear - The polls are not in his favor. Change your position and open up the democrat primaries or lose democracy forever ..... or stay the course which is admitting trump is really not that serious of a threat.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

This is not about me. This is about polling data.
    This is not about past accomplishments. This is about future responsibilities
    This is not an attack on Biden. This is the concern over this seat.
    This is not an attack on the administration. This is a concern of his mental state during a crisis.

@dobro1229 lives in this perpetual victim mentality. Its not healthy.

12. Space Ghost

1) I am not a Trump support, never was. I dont care what Trump does.
    2) I dont care who wins the election. I do not have TDS
    3) I dont think Biden or his administration are evil people, so therefore I am not incentivized to 'vote for the lesser of two evils' and vote Trump
    4) Trump exiting the race or dying in office is the best case scenario. Biden dying in office (and leaving it to Harris) is a very bad outcome. She is worse than Trump and Hillary.

13. dobro1229

Oh spare me. Everyone sees through your agenda. I don’t know what Democrat stood you up for a date or where your petty grievances came into play but everyone knows that you aren’t just a saint for the truth. At the heart of every single one of your posts here is the ultimate takeaway that Democrats are bad, and dead silent on Putin, Trump, etc.

So spare me your sanctimony and know it all attitude.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I think a competitive primary would be good for the Democrats. The problem is no other major Democrat has stepped forward to do so.

And again for the all the talk of the Democrats and Biden let’s not forget the Republicans are hell bent on renominating Trump. Neither party seems willing on having a truly competitive primary so here’s where we are at.

15. dobro1229

You create this big post and give away the game at the end which is that you are in this argument to demonize Democrats by trying the classic boogeyman play.

Trump literally just encouraged last night Russia to attack NATO countries, has been indicted on 91 counts, liable for sexual assault etc etc but of course you try to seed this notion that Kamala Harris… the boogeyman behind the shadows is worse without any facts to support it, and you have to carry water for the right wing propaganda machine to make sure that ultimately you seed a boogeyman behind the curtain to fear monger with.

You gave it away in the process of trying to hide it by giving an opening on Biden but confessing your reason for the opening… which is nothing more than Tucker Carlson esque good ole fashion fear mongering boogeyman propaganda.

Fu$k off man. Your schtick here is pathetic and everyone sees through your agenda which is ultimately about carrying water for the same propaganda that Tucker Carlson spits out.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Apologies for the confusion. I was responding to CrixusTheBetDodger's comments.

17. Space Ghost

Ron DeSantis
    Nikki Haley
    RFK
    Vivak Ramaswamy
    Chris Christie
    Mike Pence
    Tim Scott

The RNC would love to get rid of Trump. Republicans are sticking their finger up at the RNC and clearly indicating their preferred candidates are not shitty enough.

However as I have said in the past, we are trending away from DNC vs RNC and more towards Populism vs Elitism.

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

All of those candidates including Mikki Haley have done horribly and most dropped out before even the IA caucus. Ramaswamy was never seriously running against Trump.

Further the Republicans have changed the rules of the primaries to favor Trump
    Such as in NV not having the primary decide on delegates but having a separate caucus. The RNC chair even floated the idea of cancelling the primaries and just declaring Trump the winner.

At the same time most of Congressional Republicans (including ones they have called Trump) a threat are pledging their support for Trump.

19. Space Ghost

I dont disagree with your state. They were all pretty poor candidates, however that just seems to be the run of the course for national politics these days.

The difference is these people did campaign and primaries were held. Its just very obvious that if Ronnie and NIkki didn't stand a chance, there is little point in putting much effort into primaries.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And Dean Phillips and Marriane Williamson are campaigning. Dean Phillips is still running and personally I think he would be a fine president. The point is they none of the Republicans or Democrats are getting much traction.

If you agree that Ronnie and Nikki didn’t have a chance so there is no reason to put mich energy in the primaries then why shouldn’t Democrats running against an incumbent president not feel the same?

AB likes this.