1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fantasy Football] Did I draft a good team?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Robert Snyder, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

This is the first time I have played in over 5 years, so I am rusty. I had the 9th pick in a 12 team league. The draft order was 1-12, 12-1, etc, etc. Starters are 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, Defense

Round Player
    1 Reggie Bush RB
    2 Marc Bulger QB
    3 Larry Fitzgerald WR
    4 Bears Defense/ Special Teams
    5 Santana Moss WR
    6 Chris Chambers WR
    7 DeAngelo Williams RB
    8 Dallas Clark TE
    9 Matt Stover K
    10 Ben Roethislberger QB
    11 Ladell Betts RB
    12 Lamont Jordan RB
    13 Drew Bennent WR
    14 Ashley Lelie WR
    15 Mike Bell RB

Any input would be appreciated.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Isn't that a little high for Bush? Bulger and Fitz I like.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

no way to tell without seeing the makeup of other teams you're competing against.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing. There are plenty of other offensive players I would rather have in the 1st round than Bush.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Luckily, receiving yards normally count just as much as rushing yards.

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It looks pretty good to me, but I agree with the others in saying that Bush seems a little high there. However, he might have a breakout year and make you look like a genius.

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Half of that team will end up crippled in the preseason.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Being an O lineman in HS, and having that mentality drilled into me by the coaches, I hate Fantasy Football. They ought to include "knockdowns" and "percentage of pass plays without your guy getting a sack" and "snaps without a fumble" and "blitz reads" and other stuff to give some love to the hard-working O-line that make it possible for your fancy-smancy "fantasy" players to roll up the stats they do.

And on the other side, what is this, communism? Offensive ball handlers are individuals while defensive players are merely known by their collective name?

Jeez. Fantasy Football is both unAmerican and unFootball.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Hispanic?

11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

honestly, looks like u drafted a pretty crappy team.

This looks like Denver-lite and Denver isn't that good.

12. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the Fitzgerald and Roethislberger pick, but that's about it. Wayyyyy too high for Bush. Depending on how many people are in the league, I would have went LT, Steven Jackson, Shaun Alexander, Frank Gore (if getting goal-line carries), Larry Johnson (may hold-out), Addai, Rudi Johnson, and Ronnie Brown all before Bush. I'd stay the hell away from Brian Westbrook. Seems like he's injured for a few games every year.

13. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Like everyone else, I'm not big on Bush in the first (unless you're drafting late in the first and the big numbers backs were already gone). However, his catches and receiving yards will probably help. Lack of goal line carries will hurt. Bulger's OK I guess, and Fitz is a good #1 WR. If any defense/ST is worth taking in the 4th it would be the Bears, but I have a philisophical opposition to drafting a defense before you've filled out your backfield.

All in all, your team is OK. Bulger and LF should put up good numbers. The rest, I'm not so sure about. But good luck to you.

I guess I should start looking at fantasy football guides. I guess I'll keep my RBs (Joseph Addai and Frank Gore) even though it means giving up Andre Johnson. I'll have to pick him up quickly.

14. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember last year drafting Frank Gore in the 7th round and every single person in my league said it was a horrible pick. I think Calvin Johnson is this year's sleeper. I also like Ahman Green and don't think he's ranked very high.

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Looks like a below average team. Not a fan of your RB's at all, in my opinion you drafted Bush WAY too early, as well as Bulger, and be prepared to watch Bulger sit half the season out with various injuries. He does this every year I draft him.

At 9 you should have drafted either RB, RB or RB, WR/better QB depending on who was available.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The only time I ever played fantasy football, I let the computer pick for me and ended up with LT, Priest Holmes, and Larry Johnson on my team. Too bad the rest of my team sucked except for my kicker who was Akers.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not to be a d***, but you're looking at the bottom half of your league. Bush may be talented, but any RB that is guaranteed to share carries is not worth a 1st round pick. You never know from game to game what you will get. If McAllister gets hot early, he's going to get the carries. Without seeing the rest of your draft, I know there was more production out there. Same goes for DeAngelo Williams. He's still listed 2nd on the depth chart behing Deshawn Foster. That means your top 2 RB's are sharing carries. Bulger and Fitz are good picks. 4th Round is too high for defense, even if it is the Bears (who are due for a down year, though you do get Hester's production on ST).

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Round Player
    1 Reggie Bush RB - pretty bad pick here, unless deuce goes down, then you're golden
    2 Marc Bulger QB - bulger is good, but not 2nd round good, rams are going into a ball control offense
    3 Larry Fitzgerald WR - good pick
    4 Bears Defense/ Special Teams - too high for a defense, especially one on the downturn, only saving grace is the terrible offenses in the NFC north will keep the bears D looking good
    5 Santana Moss WR - you needed an RB here more than Moss
    6 Chris Chambers WR - chambers is a steal, but you still needed an RB more
    7 DeAngelo Williams RB - i like the pick, but you'd like a more stable reputation from your #2
    8 Dallas Clark TE - good pick
    9 Matt Stover K - good pick
    10 Ben Roethislberger QB - everybody is predicting good things, i don't see it happening
    11 Ladell Betts RB - serviceable?
    12 Lamont Jordan RB - ugh..
    13 Drew Bennent WR - injury concerns, but good filler
    14 Ashley Lelie WR - pretty much convinced he's never going to turn the corner
    15 Mike Bell RB - prepare to have this little turd sit on your bench all year as you wait for his turn to start

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Bush is not a 1st round pick, not even in yardage leagues yet.

DeAngelo Williams is a good sleeper but your backfield is supposed to be your consistent points, and you've got question marks everywhere.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

According to 224 mock drafts here, Bush's ADP is 9.51.