1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. thabeet

thabeet Member

I get: AJ Green
    I give up: Sammy Watkins and Jeremy Langford

Thoughts?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

personally only 3 wr's i wouldn't take before gurley AB, Julio, OBJ.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

you are giving up a bit much? unless your depth at those positions is very solid

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'd do it. I think AJs targets are on the rise and is has a much higher floor than Watkins. I'm really bullish on AJ this year.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

The difference between Watkins and AJ at this point isn't much at all. Watkins is in the WR1 category just like AJ.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Would you consider burning your number 1 waiver priority on Josh Gordon before week one? He's already been dropped in one of my leagues. I guess the question is more on the value placed on that number 1 waiver slot at the start of the season.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, Gordon is worthy in 10-team and up. Burn it.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes Josh Gordon is basically a must start with WR1 upside once he returns week 5

9. BigMaloe

If you wanna believe that go ahead but IMO green is the clear better player. Watkins is a borderline wr1 while green is a proven year after year high end wr1.

Green has surpassed double digit TDs 3out of 5 years and Cincy lost their number #2 receiver in Jones, and are throwing lafell as the number 2. This is gonna result in him getting even more than the roughly 130+ targets he has averaged per year.

Consequently, while I appreciate tyrods fantasy potential as a dual threat qb I don't think he compares to Dalton who has thrown the ball at a much higher rate.

Watkins I just don't think will come close to the numbers I predict for Green. Just by studying depth chart, historical targets and depth chart along with team philosophy I think its clear AJ has the higher ceiling, as well as the higher floor.

Also Langford doesn't do much for me, and unless he was one of my top 2 rbs I wouldn't even second guess saying yes to this trade.

But hey ive been wrong plenty of times before lol.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

so, this guy also has Lamar Miller, should I send a trade Hilton + AP for AB + Lamar Miller?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

That's fantasy fball for ya. While I understand what you're saying, At the end of the year I don't expect Watkins and greens numbers to be significantly different. I'm expecting both to have very good seasons with Watkins taking another step in his development with tyrod. If that's what they can do in their first year together I like there chances with a full offseason to build upon

I don't know who you're rbs were that's why I was questioning why u seem to be giving a bit much but hey we all have our own ways to build our teams and that's what we're hear for

1 person likes this.
  12. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Stander league

David Johnson for Gronk n Gore?

13. thejav

thejav Member

no if u have david

14. BigMaloe

I am contemplating picking up spencer ware and/or Alfred morris who both just hit the waiver wire. I have henry, Sims and abdullah on my bench.

Should I? If so, ware or morris? Also, cut who?

I'm leaning dropping Sims for ware, since he's slated to start and Jamaal seems more likely to miss games than martin is. Thoughts?

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I don't know if this will help your decision, but Lions coach caldwell just said something about Abdullah not playing a workhorse role.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody knows. Just stash a lotto ticket and ride it through. CJ2K was on the waivers last year, balled out, fell off the face of the planet a few weeks later. RB is a crapshoot and nobody has any good answers. Just don't drop Henry.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just assess risk/reward versus consistency and depth for any waiver decision you make.

If your team doesn't have much upside, look to balance upside with depth. Volatile players are what separate you from the pack. Consistent players are what keep you from crashing and burning.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Rivers or Jameis?

Rawls or Michael?

19. NewRoxFan

My week one QBs are Philip Rivers versus KC and Marcus Mariota versus MIN. Against anyone else I am happy with Rivers... but KC seems to own him (no TDs last season, but both were minus Keenan Allen with injuries). Should I hope he bounces back with an injured Justin Houston, or grab a one week waiver replacement (choices: Alex Smith, Flacco versus Buffalo, or Sam Bradford's first game with MIN versus TEN)? I'd have to cut Markus Wheaton who's dinged anyway.

20. NewRoxFan

See above. :grin:

Winston and Michael should start for week 1.