1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Needed 5 points from Jordan Mathews.

Scores 4 in first half and gets injured.

Predicted to win week by 40 points, and just lost it by one point.

Fantasy football LOL

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow, who woulda thunk a team with Wilson, Gordon, Rawls, Jones, Baldwin, Fitzgerald, Reed, Vinatieri, and SEA would score only 66 points. Lost big and dropped from 2nd to 3rd (and think I lost playoff bye). Other than Reed (came back and excelled with separated shoulder), every single player pooped the bed. At one point I could only laugh.

Lessons learned, don't overstack any one team. Pay attention to cross-country travel. Hope for every player having a bounce back game.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

B.Marshall (vs Indy) or D.Adams (vs Hou)? .5 PPR

Marshall is the logical choice with matchup but with the way the Texans have been getting torched on big plays the last couple of weeks, Adams is tempting.

4. NewRoxFan

While HOU defense is better than IND, and especially going against Bouye, Adams has been so good with his body at making big catches, plus Rogers is so accurate, I would still go with Adams.

DieHard Rocket likes this.
  5. ABforPresident

First week of playoffs has arrived in my league.
    Demarco Murray out with a bye is really going to hurt my chances on advancing to the Championship

Pick 2 (.5 PPR)
    Sproles @ Cincy
    Asiata vs Dallas
    Dixon vs Miami

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

damn. you're league should def make your playoffs a week later going forward.

7. ABforPresident

The problem is we have 2 week playoff match-ups. We originally had the semis set for weeks 14-15 and the championship week 16-17, but then moved it back a week to avoid players sitting in week 17. Didn't even realize there were bye's in week 13

8. JTQ

JTQ Member

Pick 2 out of 4

LeSean McCoy (@Oak)
    Mark Ingram (Det)
    Doug Martin (@SD)
    Davontae Booker (@Jax)

9. NewRoxFan

McCoy, then Martin.

10. NewRoxFan

Help me decide on Flex position (standard): one from Lamar Miller vs GB, Doug Baldwin vs CAR, Larry Fitzgerald vs WAS, or Donte Moncrief vs NYJ?

Also, Jordan Reed is likely out with his shoulder separation, so should I sign and play CJ Fiedorowicz vs GB or Vance McDonald vs CHI?

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

Moncrief is the most consistent, Fitz is in a situation where the game might become a shootout, Baldwin and the Seahawks at home is a different animal, and Lamar is going against a defense who's been horrible the last couple of weeks. GB might have figured out their problems last week and with the way Brock has been playing, I'm a bit hesitant.

So that being said, I like Baldwin as Overall, Moncrief for Floor, Fitz as your Home Run pick, and Miller as your speculative pick against a Jekyll and Hyde GB Defense.

As for your TE, between the two of them, I'd go with McDonald.

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

Shady (if he's healthy), and then Ingram due to the Drew Brees Decree. I would've said Martin but I think San Diego is good at stopping the run.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think this is spot on, depends somewhat on your matchup and standing in the league. I'd most likely go Baldwin at home, but if the rest of your team isn't looking so hot this week and maybe you need big points, Fitz. Firmly in the playoffs or the rest of your team looks solid, Moncrief. I'd avoid Miller, GB seems to be trending up while the Texans D is trending down...I think they may be playing from behind.

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Trying to figure out what to do with my RBs x 2, WR x 2, and Flex x1 positions:

RB1/2: Planning on playing Rawls and Riddick (Bench: Gurley, Ivory, and Kelley)
    WR1/2: Planning on playing Evans and M.Thomas (Bench: Crabtree, Adams, Hill)
    Flex: I was thinking about starting Adams? Or Crabtree? Really stuck here.

Any ideas?

15. mulletman

mulletman Member

Need some help to make the playoffs..Unfortunately, a horrible combination of major injuries and bad matchups has me relying on some 'scrubs' at certain positions.

Need 2 Rbs, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex from these:

R Kelley, WAS vs ARI
    T Rawls, SEA vs CAR
    D Booker, DEN vs JAX

S Diggs, MIN vs DAL
    Tyreek Hill, KC vs ATL
    D Moncrief, IND vs Jets
    D Bryant, DAL vs MIN

Thanks for your help!

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

In bold. I want no part of Arizona's defense against the run. Booker and Rawls make sense to me. I think Dez is a quality player but when Dak spreads it out so much weekly, it's hard to play him.

mulletman likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

I am a little leery of Rawls, having started him last week. I saw him run harder the game before, but last week the game plan went away from him so its not fair to judge, but I'd like to see him perform a bit more and better before starting him over Gordon, Ware, (or Miller). Plus CAR's defensive strength is the run. The good news is the starting center (Britt) returns. That said, Rawls and Riddick are your best RBs (maybe Gurley). I really like your WRs, and I agree that Adams is your best Flex.

18. NewRoxFan

Rawls and Booker. And Hill and Moncrief. With Dez Flex.

mulletman likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Need HELP. Tough decisions to make. The better players have harder schedules. Who do I play this week? Also, drop 1 player.

PPR
    • RB (Starks @HOU, Sproles @CIN, Kelley @ZONA, Latavius @BUF, Dion Lewis @RAMS)
    • RB
    • WR (AJ Green (likely out), Hilton @NYJ, A-Robinson @Den, Ty-Williams @TB, Watkins @OAK)
    • WR
    • TE (Reed @RAMS, Bennett @ZONA)
    • RB/WR/TE
    I dropped my defense (Arizona) and need to pick one up. Which player should I drop?

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Looking to stream a defense as I benched Minny before last nights game. :confused: who should I pick up?