1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Baseball Tips

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by JunkyardDwg, Feb 22, 2013.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I've only done fantasy baseball once a few years ago and haven't been paying as much attention in general the past few years since the Astros have been sucking. So I'm a little in the dark on some of the lesser known names and sleeper picks and general strategies for the draft.

Looks like around a 10 team roto league, and I've never done roto before but I get the gist of it. Any strategies for the draft? What rounds should I think about selecting starting pitchers and relief/closing pitchers how should I value those positions over the other corner spots and middle positions? Any good sleeper picks out there, players I should stay away from, or go after? Any help would be appreciated!

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

In my experience pitching is incredibly erratic. Last year I drafted Cliff Lee and Tim Lincecum early, huge disaster for the entire year. What I try to do is see, among the undrafted, who gets off to a hot start and then research those guys. For example, Edwin Encarnacion last year got hot quickly. Did some research and found that he'd gotten a trainer, re-dedicated himself type stuff, in the offseason. He had a huge year.

Also, take a flyer on young guys. Last year Trout and Harper got called up at nearly the same time. Everyone was watching for Harper but Trout wasn't as high pub so I picked him up and he was easily my best player.

#2 CometsWin, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.