1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Baseball 2004 Trash Talk Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Mar 24, 2004.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Round 2 matchups are set...

Round Two (Semi-Finals) (week 46 + week 47)

Capitol City Hitmen vs Fadeaway's Expos
    Jent's Llamas vs Utilities Steamrollers

Pythons -- OFF
    The Aliens -- OFF

Consolation Bracket

Song's Tools vs DV's Dynamos of Domination
    The Monkey Drums vs Smeg's Smarmy Gits

DarkHorses -- OFF
    PhiSlammaJamma -- OFF

Like before, this will be a week-long period. You set your lineup for tomorrow and it will carry through for the entire week. There will be no game limits. You will start any 5 SP and any 2 RP.

The Aliens, Pythons, DarkHorses and PhiSlammaJamma are officially off this week, but are matched up against each other for fun.

Good luck everyone!

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i got 6 points from my pitchers in the fri-sun leg of the match-up including 3 with negative numbers.....

damn my batters went off... all accept 2 with double figure and a few over 20

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Fade, just an FYI. Gavin Floyd(in my lineup this week) is listed as a reliever on the site although he is a starter.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Can I make a lineup change? Since Mark Redman will be killed by me to avoid having him start another game this week, can I replace him? Isn't death a good enough excuse for a lineup change?

5. fadeaway

Just another reminder not to set your lineup this weekend (unless you are off... then you can do what you want). For those still in contention, they will carry over automatically.

6. fadeaway

Pimp -- did you get my reply? Been having email issues.

7. Behad

Hey fade, will the losers of these two games match up to determine 3rd and 4th place?

8. fadeaway

Yep. The winners will play for the championship. Losers will play for 3rd & 4th. Pythons and Aliens will square off to determine 5th & 6th place.

The bottom bracket will follow a similar format.

The last game period which will determine all final standings is two weeks long (actually 2 one-week long game periods that will be added together in the end). Pretty much the same thing as the last two playoff rounds (5 sp/2 rp, etc..), except with an extra week.

9. Behad

And we can edit our lineups between week one and week 2?

10. RocketsPimp

Yes, I got it. Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I've been sick for the past 24 hours with some kind of stomach bug.

11. fadeaway

Aye.

12. Behad

fade, what is the plan in case of a tie? Has a tiebreaker already been established that I missed?

jent and I are really close. If the Reds hold on to win, then I'm only 9 points behind overall.

13. fadeaway

A tie would suck. Hopefully there are no ties. If one does occur, the only thing I can think of is to have the two teams play one more game period (Mon-Thurs) as a tiebreaker, and then have the finals be 1.5 weeks instead of 2 weeks long.

14. RocketsPimp

It looks like you have this one pretty much locked up Fade. You're guys have been hitting on all cylinders for the past 3 weeks, while mine peaked a couple weeks too early. Oh well, it was a nice run while it lasted.

15. fadeaway

Yeah, unless Santana and Washburn turn in a couple of CGSOs and I get negative points from Pedro and Valdez, I think this one has been decided. My guys have definitely been peaking at the right time; the number of saves from Smoltz and Hoffman have been especially nice. Hopefully they'll have something left for the championship. Having a higher seed in these playoffs has actually been a bit of a disadvantage, because my team is much better than my record indicates.

The other match is a bit closer. Jent leads Behad by 23 points overall and they each have one starter left to play (Garcia & Redman). They also have relievers facing each other in the NYM (Looper) vs Pitt (Mesa) match.

16. Behad

And it's this matchup that may cost me the game. Last night it was tied after 9, and the Pirates kept Torres in the game instead of going to Mesa. Torres gave up a run, Looper got the save, and now I'm down by 23 instead of it being closer or me leading if Mesa had gotten a win.

17. RocketsPimp

It probably won't help, but when I waived Floyd(who is pitching right now) for Padilla, he dropped out of my lineup for the weekend portion of the series.

18. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Good run, Behad. I thought I was going to regret not changing out my SP's for the weekend series. Luckily Garcia gave me some breathing room.

19. fadeaway

It looks like the results are in:

Jent's Llamas and Fadeaway's Expos will square off in the championship game!

Here are the complete results from round two and the matchups for the final game period.

Round 2 Results

Jent's Llamas: 293
    Utilities Steamrollers: 260

Fadeaway's Expos: 402
    Capitol City Hitmen: 326

Monkey Drums: 377
    Smeg's Smarmy Gits: 366

Song's Tools: 207
    DV's Dynamos: 206

Final Game Schedule

World Series Match: Jent's Llamas vs Fadeaway's Expos

Utilities Steamrollers vs Capitol City Hitmen (for 3rd place)

The Aliens vs Pythons (for 5th place)

The Monkey Drums vs Song's Tools (for 7th place)

Smeg's Smarmy Gits vs DV's Dynamos (for 9th place)

PhiSlammaJamma vs Darkhorses (for 11th place)

Like before, set your lineup (5 SP, 2 RP) now for the entire week (mon-sun). You'll get the chance to set it again next monday. Good luck to everyone!

20. fadeaway

All of my pitchers have decided to simultaneously tank. Yikes...