1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Advice - trading Jermaine???

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SmeggySmeg, Jan 20, 2005.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Thinking of trading Jermaine to overcome my roster deficiencies.. i know it's a big risk

my big problem is we have to play two centres and i have Blount and Kaman (althought Kaman has got good (just picked him up) but Blount seems to have almost died)

here's my roster

PG L. James (Cle - PG,SF)
    SG M. Ginobili (SA - SG) -
    G J. Rose (Tor - G,GF) -
    SF J. Johnson (Pho - GF,SG)
    PF P. Gasol (Mem - PF) -
    F J. O'Neal (Ind - PF)
    C M. Blount (Bos - C)
    C C. Kaman (LAC - C)
    Util S. Claxton (GS - PG)
    Util N. Van Exel (Por - PG)
    BN C. Anthony (Den - SF)
    BN J. Howard (Dal - GF)
    BN T. Chandler (Chi - PF) -
    IL A. MourningIL (Tor - C)

Right now i am sitting 3rd/4th, and need to improve def rebounding, minutes, FT% and 3Pt makes

the two other i have received are

1. Pierce and Kurt Thomas (C) for Jermaine and a swingman (i will offer Rose first)

2. Yao, Kenyon, Mobley and Harpring for Jermaine, Blount, Chandler and Joe Johnson

Can anyone help me, as i am really unsure about trading a guy so hot..

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Get rid of Blount and pick up Josh Smith(if available), Nenad Kristic or Rodney Buford.

Yao is good, but unreliable of late.

Mobley will be Mobley. Don't let your personal man-love for Mobley cloud your vision and don't expect much improvement as the Kings have a number of scoring options.

Harpring's numbers will probably be going decreasing with Kirilenko returning.

Stick with what you have and dump Blount if you feel comfortable with Kaman, who I picked up in our league.

3. SmeggySmeg

yeah agree pimp except we play 2 centres, i am already 5 games behind... there is no one else on waivers who plays centre

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No centers? How big is the league?

A guy like Raef Lafrentz will help your needs. He started cheap, and his stock has been pretty low due to injuries, but very inconsistent. You will get boards and decent 3s for a center.

Gasol and O'Neal gives you good big man numbers, so don't give them up unless you get a credible Center in return.

I wouldn't trade Johnson either if those stats are what you need.

Paul Pierce is an easy fix, but he's too pricey. If you offer for him, you'll give more than what you bargained.

Kenyon has had a disappointing year and is struggling with injuries. That and the coach doesn't know how to use him with Nene.

I don't know the size or depth of your league, but I'd start throwing junk offers like Claxton and Van Exel for centers to see if there's interest. With so many people in the league, there has to be a taker. Both play with competing PGs on their back and Van Exel's stock won't ever be as high once Miles comes back.

5. SmeggySmeg

it's 12 participants and every team has to play 2 centres

so no LaFrentz is no available

have been trying those cheap trades but everybody knows i need a centre so why would they do it