1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Falcons at Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 27, 2003.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

I was about to say the same thing.

And whats with the audio?? Is it just me, or are the announcerns the only thing you can hear??

2. fatman510

fatman510 Member

WE WIN!
    :D
    great game for DD

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

here's a question

"What in the hell was Dan Reeves Thinking about when he kicked that Field Goal?"

Am I the only one that thinks it was a no brainer to go for it on 4th down.

Nevertheless, great win for the Texans!!!

4. benzman501

benzman501 Member

was ragone inactive?

Man I thought Ron Pitts sucked in NFL Fever....damn he sucks more in person! That is the worst called game I have ever heard

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Who were those pinheads? The color guy kept forgetting what city he was in. When Glenn broke up that pass, he said "The crowd wants pass interference, but I don't think so". Um...why would we want pass interference when we're on defense? :rolleyes:

Anyway, great win today. DD got over 100 yards and a couple of TD's. Should help him get ROY, hopefully. Does his running style remind you of (dare I say) Emmitt Smith?

6. benzman501

benzman501 Member

The "Pinheads" were Ron Pitts and Tim Ryan

7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

An inactive 3rd string QB can enter a game if the first two get hurt.

I thought Reeves would go for it on 4th also. I mean, even if you get the onside kick, you still have to have a TD to win....go for that TD while you are so close.

8. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

SS Ramon Walker tore his ACL

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow. To think that the Texans have already surpassed their win total from last year is great. If we won last week against the Pats we could be .500 right now.

Good game by the Texans, the second half seems to always be the most entertaining half of Texans football.

Do you think Banks is gone for the rest of the season with the broken hand? I hope Carr can be 100%, I don't want to see the water boy throwing the passes.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Possible swoon sighting in Miami.

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with not going for it on fourth down in that situation. It was 4th and 24 on the 23 yard line. So realistically, you're gonna have to get into the end zone in one play, with little chance of a first down. Reeves probably thought there was a greater probability in recovering an on-side kick than converting that down and distance. Like I said, I don't disagree with that call. The guys sitting behind me at the game were Falcons fans, and they were just going crazy, but given the down and distance, I think Reeves made the sound football call. It was also tough to see Carr not being able to wing it around like he usually does. That first pass he threw was way short. It was obvious that he wasn't ready to play, real gutsy, but it almost cost us the game. With his inability to throw the ball, DD had little or no chance of running effectively.
    On the other hand, I thought it was real smart to throw deep to Johnson on that one first down, just the change it up, and also try and catch the DB sleeping, knowing Carr couldn't put anything on his throws. All things considered, I think it was a good win for the club. Just think, if we would have beat the Jets and the Pats, we would be 7-5 right now, instead of 5-7. :)

12. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

yay go texans!!!

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

yea 7-5 and outside of playoff bubble. oh well. maybe we can finish about .500 this year. :D

14. JamesC

JamesC Member

I thought that was unfortunate, especially after he almost single handedly kept the Texans in the game against the Pats.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

totally agreed...you may never (and they never did) get that close to the end zone again...I could understand if kicking the field goal would bring you within 3 or less...then you could work to set up another field goal...but one way or another, ultimately you're gonna have to get it in the end zone in that situation.

16. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

With Banks out, who will they pick up?

17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

There's no way the Texans should start Carr next week. It was painful to watch him out there, and he could have done serious damage to that shoulder. I think it's time for the rookie Ragone to earn his paycheck.

18. coma

coma Contributing Member

Ragone needs some playing time. Prior to Bank's injury, he was not going to be back with the Texans. That leaves Ragone as our backup QB, unless something changed in the offseason. That said, we need to see what Ragone can do.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I thought Banks was signed for 2 more years. If that's the case, we would have to trade him and I doubt we would, considering how well he played this year.

I agree about Ragone. There's really no need to start Carr and risk serious injury. If it wasn't his throwing shoulder, then fine. You don't mess with his throwing shoulder.

Heck, why not play Ragone just to up his trade value?

20. coma

coma Contributing Member

I beleive he has one more year after this. He can be released or traded. From everything I'm hearing him say, he wants to be a starter next year and would probably ask to be traded. Either way, I'd really like to see Ragone play.