1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fade's Fantasy Baseball 2011 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SamCassell, Mar 18, 2011.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Can everyone else please chime in with your thoughts? I would like to get more opinions before I make a decision.

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Wow Smeg, "invalid trade that destroys the integrity of this league"?

If you're gonna pull the plug on it fade, go ahead and do it. But I haven't seen a single trade revoked by any commish in any of our leagues since I've started. And god knows we've got a dearth of trades taking places as it is, you started the whole keeper thing just for that reason. Just a bad precedent to set, imho.

Here you've got a trade involving Bautista for Ellsbury and Beckett. Bautista is one of the top 2 OF this season, and by a good margin #1 in ppg. He's just had some minor dings that have cost him a few games. He's also the #1 3B by a giant margin of 85 points and 1.2 ppg. LTF had pretty marginal 3B, but now he's set there for a long time. And Bautista has more track record, given he's now put up these giant stats 2 seasons in a row. Beckett, on the other hand, had a nearly 6 ERA last season and Ellsbury basically sat out last year injured (and has never shown power before this point in his career). Seems like Bautista is clearly the better choice of these 3 guys for a keeper candidate, especially considering position eligibility, where 3B has the weakest crop of top talent at any position besides catcher. So even if the trade benefits me this season (we'll have to see), LTF might benefit more down the road, next season and beyond.

IMO you don't step in as a commish on a trade that both sides find acceptable unless there's collusion, which clearly wasn't the case here. But I tell you what, I'll check with Smeg to see if he thinks the trade is fair before I click accept, next time.

3. fadeaway

As of right now I am leaning towards letting it stand mainly because both parties are fine with it, but we'll see what the rest of the league says. I'll take everyone's input into account.

You know, I would feel a lot better about this deal if there was some sort of draft pick swap involved in it. When I first saw it go through, I immediately thought that picks must be involved because it did seem rather lopsided. Learning that it was originally proposed months ago sheds some light on the situation. A 2nd for 5th round swap seems like it would be about right to even things out a bit.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm ok with the trade as long as LTF and Aliens are have come to grips with it. But how about from now on we just have a policy that any trade that is X weeks old may be recinded by either party within 7 days of the trade having been accepted by either party. Only trades that are X weeks old are covered by this policy. As long we know the date of first proposal I think this should work fine, does the system record the date they were proposed?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Sorry to do this to you again. Roster for week 37. Thanks a bunch. PSJ. Hopefully I'll get it together next week.

STARTERS WK 37:
    1B-Ortiz,David, BOS
    2B-Utley,Chase, PHI
    3B-Gordon,Alex, KC
    SS-Castro,Starlin, CHC
    C-Martin,Russell, NYY
    OF-Young,Chris, ARI
    OF-Pence,Hunter, PHI
    OF-Suzuki,Ichiro, SEA
    OF-Smith,Seth, COL
    OF-Cuddyer,Michael, MIN
    SP-Hellickson,Jeremy, TB
    SP-Hudson,Daniel, ARI
    SP-Pineda,Michael, SEA
    SP-Worley,Vance, PHI
    RP-Hanrahan,Joel, PIT
    RP-Rivera,Mariano, NYY
    RP-Bell,Heath, SD
    CI-Goldschmidt,Paul, ARI
    MI-Walker,Neil, PIT
    UI-Aybar,Erick, ANA

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Yeah I do feel that sam, but maybe it's my flawed logic of how this game and league works, which after all these years I finally felt like I worked it out

Beckett was a keeper of mine every year unless his blip 6 era of last year, it's back to 2 this year, there is no reason ellsbury can't keep this up certainly no more than bautista's magic rise will continue forever

If both parties agreed on it then I have to live with it and wasn't asking to get it over turned, I just don't get it and by the responses of others never will, which is good that the penny has dropped. Now I just have to find someone to agree to the same 1300 points for 400 deal (minus the 2 bench scrubs sam had to drop) to help my squad and finish this with a bang

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I don't consider Beckett or Marmol to be on my keeper list. Beckett I don't trust, Marmol just flat out sucks.

I'll take the hit with those two guys to take on one of the best hitters in the game. Was thinking keeper with this move moreso than right now.

8. fadeaway

Pitching games used through week 38:

[​IMG]

Max SP: 180
    Max RP: 140

Be sure to manage your pitching games appropriately as we enter the last month of the regular season.

9. fadeaway

Why thank you AJ Burnett for your -14 points this week. Had I simply not started you at all I would have won this match. Good job.

10. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Somebody set my lineup, please:

STARTERS WK 43:
    1B-Hosmer,Eric, KC
    2B-Uggla,Dan, ATL
    3B-Longoria,Evan, TB
    SS-Betancourt,Yuniesky, MIL
    C-Wieters,Matt, BAL
    OF-Jennings,Desmond, TB
    OF-Bruce,Jay, CIN
    OF-Stanton,Michael, FLA
    OF-Upton,Justin, ARI
    OF-Kemp,Matt, LA
    SP-Greinke,Zack, MIL
    SP-Shields,James, TB
    SP-Harang,Aaron, SD
    SP-Masterson,Justin, CLE
    RP-Nunez,Leo, FLA
    RP-Kimbrel,Craig, ATL
    UI-Polanco,Placido, PHI
    MI-Lawrie,Brett, TOR
    CI-Morse,Michael, WAS

11. fadeaway

LonghornFan -- you have now reached your max limit of RP games. Any further RP points will be deleted. Please don't start anymore RPs going forward.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Dude, I don't even remember the last time I set my lineup. Sorry, with a baby coming and a promotion I may be out next year.

13. fadeaway

Pitching games used through week 42. Max SP = 180, Max RP = 140

[​IMG]

Only 3 game periods remain! 3 of the playoff spots have now been locked up. It will be a 3-way dog fight between Rook, PSJ and LongTimeFan for the last spot!

14. fadeaway

Pitching games used through week 43. Max SP = 180, Max RP = 140

[​IMG]

2 regular season games remain. Looking at the standings, everything has been locked up now except for the very last playoff spot, which is now pretty much between Rook and PSJ. LTF still has an extremely slim mathematical chance, but it's not looking good.

It appears that playoff match-ups will probably look like this:

SmegCity Smarmy Gits (1st seed)
    vs.
    Rook or PhiSlammaJamma (4th seed)

The Aliens (2nd seed)
    vs.
    Expos Forever (3rd seed)

By the way, what a dominant season by Smeg. Solid team all around, but mainly built around pitching. Smeg's SPs have been absolutely incredible.

15. fadeaway

Have to toot my own horn a bit here. If you look back at my post-draft analysis, my predictions were pretty darn accurate. I underestimated Sam a wee bit (but I always do that) and got it backwards between PSJ and Longhorn, but everything else regarding final standings was pretty much spot on. That never happens. :)

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=202392&page=8

16. SmeggySmeg

Fade,

can you set this line-up for me, for some reason the score widget is covering the submit button for me

1B-Sanchez,Gaby, FLA
    2B-Pedroia,Dustin, BOS
    3B-Jones,Chipper, ATL
    SS-Escobar,Yunel, TOR
    C-Santana,Carlos, CLE
    OF-Francoeur,Jeff, KC
    OF-Morrison,Logan, FLA
    OF-Upton,B.J., TB
    OF-Gonzalez,Carlos, COL
    OF-Holliday,Matt, STL
    SP-Kennedy,Ian,ARI
    SP-Marcum,Shaun,MIL
    SP-Cain,Matt,SF
    SP-Verlander,Justin,DET
    UI-Callaspo,Alberto, ANA
    MI-Zobrist,Ben, TB
    CI-Kendrick,Howard, ANA
    SP-Hamels,Cole,PHI
    RP-Axford,John,MIL
    RP-Madson,Ryan,PHI

17. SmeggySmeg

btw great predictions Fade, thanks for the double kiss of death

18. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Pretty amazing season from Smeg, honestly. But let's see how he fares in the playoff heat. Pitching gets weird in September.

I'm proud of how my team's done this season, given the absolute non-production I've gotten from Crawford and Mauer. My underwhelming starting pitching and mediocre OF have carried me.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Just to keep you honest :)

I give you credit for predicting my craptastic record. But the rest of your analysis of my team, though bold, was more like an old bear knuckle boxing match. It was held in a poorly lit basement where an old butcher and hardened prisoner went at for a couple of hours, busted each other up with no agreed upon purpose, or point, and by the end of it, the winner walks away with a broken nose and the loser a bruised lip and ego. It was a dirty mess with just enough organization to call it entertainment.

You said my relief pitching would bite me in the butt, especially my lack of a third reliever, but I ended up smelling like roses back there, with three relievers in the top 10 at #5, #7, and #8. Rivera, Bell, and Harahan.

You joked you didn't even know who Trout and Trumbo were, yet you ended the season with Trumbo on your roster.

You said my infield left a lot to be desired, but desiree', I had

Ortiz 3.4, #2
    Gordon 2.9, #2
    Utley 3.1, #5
    Castro 2.4 #9
    Martin, 2.4 #5

I think that was pretty good.

You basically said my outfield was below average, but I had 5 of the top 25.
    Maybe a littler better than average. You were close, but I think both side of my pillow were cool.

Beltran
    Young
    Hunter
    Cabrera
    Suzuki

You did predict correctly the failure of half of my old players, like Guerro and Posada, but the other half did quite well including Ortiz, Chipper, and Rivera.

In sum, you're work of art regarding my team was a lot like Rob Lowe's performance in St. Elmo's Fire, where you ended up being nominated for worst supporting actor, didn't win, and then headed out to the local pub near TCU to drown your sorrows in a shot glass, then you wake up the next day, pick up the daily news, and there you are in print, with a photo of you on the front page with a heineken and a 16 year old brownie. For some, that was a night to remember. And for others, well, it is what it is. The Truth. Just Keeping you honest.

See ya next season when I finally recover from keeping Ryan Howard in season 1. :cool:

20. fadeaway

Whoa PSJ... :eek:

You're focusing on the details way too much. All I said was that my predictions about final season standings were more or less accurate. That's all.

Yikes.