1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fade's Fantasy Baseball 2005 Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Apr 3, 2005.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Looks like I finally have my own Internet connection again! Thanks to Bob for managing things. Since it's the last couple of weeks, feel free to continue to take care of things (if you don't mind) since you already have a pulse on the playoffs.

Also, congrats to both the Pythons and the Rook in the championship game. Head-to-Head format is such a cruel mistress sometimes. Had this been a FP league, I would have won handily.

Looking forward to an exciting world series.

2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1B-Pujols,Albert-STL
    2B-Cantu,Jorge-TB
    2B-Utley,Chase-PHI
    3B-Ensberg,Morgan-HOU
    SS-Eckstein,David-STL
    C-Varitek,Jason-BOS
    OF-Francoeur,Jeff-ATL
    OF-Nixon,Trot-BOS
    OF-Crawford,Carl-TB
    OF-Suzuki,Ichiro-SEA
    SP-Moyer,Jamie-SEA
    SP-Willis,Dontrelle-FLA
    SP-Mulder,Mark-STL
    SP-Lee,Cliff-CLE
    SP-Weaver,Jeff-LA
    RP-Jones,Todd-FLA
    RP-Cordero,Chad-WAS

3. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Congrats Finn, I think you got me pretty good.....not bad for my first year.

Just a note:

Next year we need to change the playoff format, allow you to change lineup on Thursday like you do during the regular season, cause depending on your pitching rotation you could be at a real disadvantage.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Thanks Rook. Good first year showing by you.

I finally won one of these leagues :eek:

5. Rocketball

Supporting Member

You didn't WIN!!!!!

6. Rocketball

Supporting Member

You didn't WIN!!!!!

You kicked my BUTT!!!!!!

Great job...get you next year....

7. fadeaway

Actually, technically speaking, the championship game period is supposed to go on for one more week (2 weeks total) but since you both seem to have accepted the outcome (and both apparantly never bothered to read my original playoff post) then I guess it's over. Too late to set rosters now anyway. ;)

Congrats to Finn. It was only a matter of time before you won one of these leagues. I definitely didn't think you had the strongest team in the league, but you pulled it off. It just goes to show how much of an effect good management (and a bit of luck) has on a team. Well done.

Strong showing by Rocketball in his first effort. You're looking good in football too. Very strong team. You're definitely welcome back next year.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

2 weeks you goofs. Finn gets another asterisk next to his championship. ;)

9. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Wow! The Rookie through in the towel too early....what an idiot.... I guess that will teach me to read all the rules beforehand. Granted the site even said week 50 no games scheduled...

Finn, you lucked out my friend as I would have killed you in this final week. ;)

You deserve it, even if Phi wants to give you an asterick. Great job.

I really enjoyed playing and wanted to thank you Fade fore letting me be a part of it. My first time doing fantasy baseball and look forward to doing it again, but this time finish the job.

You did a great job Fade!!!!

I can still take the football, even though Fade has already taken me to the toolshed for a whipping.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Way to go Finn. Congrats. The Triple crown hasn't happened yet....it's your turn to give it a run.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

They don't call him BobFinn* for nothing! Congrats man and go Yankees!

Injuries killed me this season. 4 of my first 5 picks were out with injuries with 2 of my first 4 picks missing the majority of the season. I really had no business even being in the playoffs.

12. fadeaway

Tell me about it. I was clipping along just fine, and honestly think I would have won it all had my big guns Sheets and Mussina not gone down for the playoff run. But that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Yeah, at one point about halfway through the season, I actually had the 2nd best record in the league. Injuries just killed me. (not to mention that trade that I forgot was on the table for over a month, which Castor nicely pulled when I wasn't looking)

;)