1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fade's ClutchFans Fantasy Baseball 2009 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Mar 10, 2009.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I don't have a life as I am in bed rest thanks to the awesome wreck I was involved in last week.

I took Kerry Wood.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I took Adam Wainwright and BJ Ryan.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Fade chose BJ Ryan and Wainwright.

I chose Bobby Jenks.

Rook back up.

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I took Z. Grienke............(that was quick 6 picks), unfortunately Jent is back up and he seems to be MIA...........

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

dude you ok?

seriously loving this draft, but is is there any reduction in limit after an expiration?

6. Rocketball

Supporting Member

LH, as Smeg said, I hope your ok......

It's been more than 1 expiration, but overall I have to concur I have enjoyed this draft with 8 players, even better if a couple of you (no names) kicked into gear a little..........

Smeg, by the way, you do realize in this league you need someone to hit the ball for you.......

7. SmeggySmeg

dude be careful that post could almost be construed as a heckle, which i thought was outlawed in this loving hold hands draft (personally the heckling and sniping and getting a reminder who has NO sense of humour, is certainly the best part of draft)

as for hitters, thanks for pointing this out and greatly appreciate the helpful assistance of other drafters, but yeah i know this, i started with 3 of my 4 keepers as batters of a very high standard, but i will only be drafting pitchers, the list will pick the batters, plus i love tweaking my strategy every year, which might all i need as i was an unlucky runner-up last year (i think), right now i have 6 (awesome) pitchers and 5 hitters, not too bad, PSJ has also gone down the pitcher heavy draft strategy, so don't forget to compliment him to!

loving your team, infact love all the picks that have been made by everyone

PS why does longhorn team show up as having 1 player less?

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

And your own picks have been outstanding sir, might be your best draft yet.

LH has fewer players because he traded his 3rd round pick this year to PSJ in a midseason trade. He won the league, so it was evidently worth it. Anyway, he gets PSJ's pick this round so it will even up.

Adding to Rook's and Smeg's posts, hope you're OK, LH. Car accidents are scary things. Best wishes.

9. SmeggySmeg

perhaps your best post yet

10. fadeaway

Yeah, jent told me previously that he was going to be really busy this week. He even considered not coming back at all because of it, but I helped convinced him to stay by trying to make sure nobody gave him a hard time.

Damn, LH... hope you aren't busted up too bad. Get well soon, bro.

11. SamCassell

Given my posting history, that wouldn't be difficult.

Did you realize that your member # is twice mine, exactly?

12. SamCassell

Fade, any way for someone to draft a couple players for him? I don't mind waiting, at all. But I hate to see his team get completely bypassed on talent, especially in a small league.

13. SmeggySmeg

great idea, by a great poster and drafter, i concur, a splendid idea, my guess is our first rate commissioner will act on such a great idea

14. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I apologize for the heckle, I will watch for it next time. Your team is really looking good, had to have fun, but you so elegantly pointed out that is not allowed.

Actually, to be honest, everyone is drafting a pretty strong team (with 8 it is a little easier) it will be an interesting and fun year - even got some different strategies in this draft.

Fade, I also feel if Jent is out because he is very busy, instead of skipping his turn allowing the time to elapse, you should pick someone for him - when he gets back, if he wants to make a change with another remaining player he could do that - try and help him out, because he came back (while knowing he was busy) which I for one am glad because he has always been a great player in these leagues.

15. SamCassell

Picked Joba, who should (hopefully) be a starter all season instead of in the pen.

16. fadeaway

You guys crack me up. :D

Actually, that's not a bad idea. jent needed some pitching so I picked Ricky Nolasco (SP) and Brian Fuentes (RP) for him. I'll give him the option of changing them when he gets back if he wants.

I tried emailing him, but his inbox is full.

#76 fadeaway, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  17. fadeaway

Smegaroo took Ryan Dempster (SP).

18. SamCassell

DH took talented-but-enigmatic Justin Verlander.
    LH took fade's favorite DL candidate, Rich Harden.

Both picks were outstanding.

PSJ is up.

19. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Smeg is right, this has turned into "The All Positive" league, make sure you leave the smack at the door, come on in and pump up your fellow competitors........

Now I feel really bad about getting on Smeg, I hope you accept my sincerest apologies and "I love your team.........."

I deserve a mulligan here.............. :D

#79 Rocketball, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  20. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Hey ya'll...I previously did send a list to Fade...maybe to the wrong address. I sent it to the jgillard address.

Fade, let me know if you can find this e-mail. The two players on that list (I was next up at the time I sent it) are still available. If it's cool to replace them with the two picks that were made I'd appreciate it.

I'll be sending a longer list within the next hour or two. In case that first e-mail address isn't a good one, can you pass along another I should use?

Thanks!