1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fadeaway's FantasybaseballLeague official b**** about people who havent picked thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DrewP, Mar 11, 2002.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Just being sarcastic, as usual.:rolleyes:

Have you checked out the new link under Athlete Rankings? Its Fantasy News from rotowire.com

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Yeah, it sucks that rotowire turned into a pay site. They used to be the best around for fantasy info.

The rotowire player info on sandbox is pretty limited. Clicking the "more.." link just takes you to the sign-up page for the rotowire $4.99/month service.

3. BobFinn*

Use the link I have on our basketball site. Its not bad.

Larkin and Finley. You guys didn't do your homework:D

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

eh, finn, i had larkin on my queue, but barry has to stay healthy for that to become worthwhile and as for chuckie finley, you had him last year, he is 39 and I wouldn't call him a great candidate to rebound, esp since cleveland weakened themselves appreciably this offseason. I beg to differ when you say I didn't do my homework, because look who I took in the middle-late rounds.

5. BobFinn*

Aw heck DV, I'm just talkin trash. I think every one of my picks are the greatest. Watch them all turn out to be flops. It could happen.

You suprised me last year with some of your picks. Almost every one of them had a good season, which is why you won the league. This year I am not suprised. You have a solid team and are a threat for a repeat.

Play Ball!!!

And just to let you know, I had Reynolds ahead of Finley on my list. Chuckie Finley thanks you;)

#265 BobFinn*, Mar 22, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2002
  6. BobFinn*

Just read a trade rumor going around. The Texas Rangers are after Chris Carpenter.

From USA Today

Toronto: RHP Chris Carpenter worked into the seventh inning of Thursday's game against the Braves, allowing three earned runs. No other Blue Jays starter has gone that deep in an outing this spring. He is expected to be named the team's opening-day starter. The fact that the Blue Jays have yet to announce this has prompted some speculation a trade is in the works. The Rangers are said to be highly interested in acquiring Carpenter for their rotation, and rumors had them moving 3B prospect Hank Blalock in a multi-player deal. ...

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

John Hart is at it again.

Blalock is one of the best prospects in the game and hes probably Major League Ready, Carpenter is a mediocre to above average pitcher - you can do the math.

BTW - Nice pick on the Golden Oldies Mr Finn, who's next - Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown, maybe this young fireballer Walter Johnson?

8. DVauthrin

Hart trade Blalock-can you say MORON.

Well finn, my job became hard last year since I lost furcal,nomar and lieberthal to injuries but my research on young pitching pulled me through.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I wish you guys well in your battle for second and third place :)
    When the dust settles you'll get a good look at me and my sandbox trophy.

10. BobFinn*

Pued, If Carpenter does go to the Rangers (I would be thrilled) he should win 20 with that offense behind him. The Rangers need pitching, now.

11. DVauthrin

finn,

that trade would be a steal for Toronto if Hart does this he will rue it the rest of his life.

12. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Bob,

Have the Geritol PR reps contacted you yet about sponsoring your team? Johnson, Gonzalez, Walker, Glavine, etc.., etc.. Make sure you have plenty of Ben Gay on hand. :D

When has a move to Texas ever helped a pitcher? :eek:

Phi,

You have a good team, but your infield is weak, dude. :eek: Still, if Pedro returns to form, who the hell cares...

DV,

As returning champion, you will become the hunted this year. Believe me, no one will take your team lightly. :cool:

13. DVauthrin

I relish the role of the hunted and I will be in the mix again this yr, no doubt.

I just soak in information like a sponge see. I play in pay leagues so I know my stuff pretty well and enjoy sports period so you have one tough cookie on your hands.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

I knew I forgot something. Anybody want to trade me an infield?

15. DVauthrin

what would you offer for a luis castillo type phi out of curiosity?

16. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

We can get this thing done tonight, come on folks, lets get on the ball . . .

17. BobFinn*

Have you heard how dominating Johnson has been this spring?
    I could probably draft every teams batboy and still win this league:p

18. DVauthrin

Finn you are one cocky little SOB, for a guy who hasn't won any league yet. If you want to trash talk fine by me.

The road to the 2k2 ccnet fantasy baseball championship runs through me, until someone else determines otherwise, ok. Understand?

I'll be back this year and stand a good chance to repeat. I'm definitely not overlooking the competition in this league and expect my repeat bid to be highly contested. Like fade said old doesn't mean bad but I hope you have a full year supply of Depends handy :D

19. BobFinn*

DV, you were doing fine up until Bud Smith??? Huh?? Did you forget about Garrett Stephenson?

Duckworth was nice pick, a steal at 21. I saw him many times here in Scranton, home of the Phillies triple A team (Red Barons) He can pitch.
    Hope I don't regret passing him over for Chuckie.

20. DVauthrin

What about bud smith-garrett stephenson and health ever heard of that? They will start smith and hes on a very good team, anything else you want to know.

I've heard of garrett stephenson, but why can't you have a morris,kile,williams,smith,stephenson staff and I'll take my chances with bud. When and if ankiel returns ill bet garrett goes to the bullpen. As for as benes, he will be the teams long reliever all year from what I've heard.

Sorry, but that was not a bad pick.