1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fadeaway's Fantasy Baseball 2003

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Behad, Mar 31, 2003.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Man, why couldn't you guys play against me like you all did against the rest of the league. As it stands right now I am still the only team to have 7000 points scored against them. The Launchers will join me later today, but no one else will until next game.

Glad I could bring out the best in you all.

:mad:

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

You're welcome, and thank you for beating me by one point last game.....:mad:

3. Behad

Scheduling Problem, need input.

When the original schedule was written, it called for 50 games, with a full 7 day playoff scheduled for week 51. What was not taken into account was the loss of one game during the all star break. Thus, after game 50 is played, there will only be 3 days left to the season, not seven. What should we do? fadeaway should have the East wrapped up, but the West could go down to the wire. If the West is not decided before game 50, do we have a game 50 and reduce the playoffs to 3 days (which sucks because a lot of top players do not play), or do we cut off game 50 and have the original 7 day playoff?

I need SSG and chrisjent to voice their opinions, because this will affect them the most.

4. Behad

Jent had this to say, via email:

"As much as it pains me to say it, I think it's best for the league championship to be determined on the basis of seven, instead of three games. I could use that extra week, but for the sake of everyone else in the playoffs, I'd say it's best to eliminate that week."

5. Summer Song Giver

I'll leave this one up to CJ, I would like the 7 game playoffs but since he is doing the chasing it is really up to him, he needs the extra season games more than me.

#725 Summer Song Giver, Sep 11, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  6. Behad

OK, the playoffs are almost upon us. Fadeaway has won the east, and it appears the Tools are going to win the west (though the Yodas are not mathematically eliminated, yet). As for pitchers, nobody is going to be affected by the limits. Fadeaway, Pimp, and Smeg are close on RP's, but it's not going to make a difference.

Remember, the playoffs are 7 days long, beginning next Monday. Matchups will be posted here, as well as...um...on the Matchups page. No subs allowed at midweek, so put your best 7 pitchers in your lineup before the deadline on Monday. (Rosters go back to full strength on Monday, with no pitcher limits.)

7. Behad

Playoff matchups are set!!!

Championship game: Severely Underpaid Tools vs Fadeaway`s Expos (Loser takes second)

3rd and 4th: Chrisjent Yodas vs Pythons

5th and 6th: SF3`s Swingin Stovers vs PhiSlammaJamma

7th and 8th: League City Skulls vs Capitol City Hitmen

9th and 10th: Longhorn Launchers vs Smegville Numbnuts

11th and 12th: Cat`s Celebriducks vs Failure`s Bridegroom

Remember, 7 day game, with no lineup changes in the middle. Put your best 7 pitchers out there (game limits no longer in effect), and see what happens!

One more thing. The site won't let me change from split week to single week games, so we will just add weeks 50 and 51 scores together.

#727 Behad, Sep 22, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  8. Behad

Ok, everyone's lineup is set for the week. No changes, or Smeg will set his killer 'roo on you.

Playoffs have begun!

9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

as ****ty as my second half of the season has been can someone just remind how many wins old man 'that is a terrible pick Smeg' Moyer has????

10. Behad

More than your football team.....:p

11. Behad

With one day left to the Fadeaway Fantasy Baseball League Season, here are the current scores

Tools.....215, Expos.....275

Yodas....205, Pythons....216

Stovers...285, PSJ.....338

Skulls...144, Hitmen....254

Launchers...201, Numbnuts....255

Celebriducks...220, Bridegrooms....177

Damn, the West just really sucked this year. Go Cat, represent for us in the playoffs!

12. Behad

Final Standings:

League Champion: Fadeaway's Expos
    Runner-Up: SSG's Severely Underpaid Tools
    3rd: ChrisJent's Yodas
    4th: BobFinn*'s Pythons
    5th: PhiSlammaJamma
    6th: SF3's Swinging Stovers
    7th: Rocketpimp's Capitol City Hitmen
    8th: Behad's League City Skulls
    9th: Smeg's Smegville Numbnuts
    10th: DVauthrin's Longhorn Launchers
    11th: Cat's Celebriducks
    12th: Puedlfor's Failure's Bridegroom

Congratulations, fadeaway, and keep your head down!

13. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Congrats fade!!! Well done.

My team reminded me of the Astros collapse this season. Perhaps next season I can draft some clutch players instead of guys that settle and are happy with 4th place.

Also nice job SSG. Your team suprised me this season, it didn't look that strong after the draft. I think you lead your division from wire to wire, if I'm not mistaken.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Way to go fade. Domination. Wait until next year when I steal your draft card.

15. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Woohoo! Another championship banner for the Expos. :) I also won RM95's roto league and finished third in crow's midseason league. Looks like it has been a very successful year for my baseball teams.

Thanks to Behad for managing my boys down the stretch, and thanks to everyone for making the league competetive. :cool:

Hopefully I'll be around next year to complete the trifecta (I'm writing from Basic now on a crappy dialup coin-op machine).