1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fadeaway's Fantasy Baseball 2003

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Behad, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Since the season has started, I thought it was time for a new thread. So far, it looks like the software is working. Any problems or complaints? One thing I noticed on our "recap" box scores is that errors are not shown. On Finn's team, Troy Glaus had 2 hits and 1 strikeout, but a score of zero. The missing point is an error Glaus commited, but doesn't show up in our recap. I'll email Fanstar and see if they can fix that.

Other than that, it's not too bad. It's no Sandbox, but it sure beats the alternatives.

2. Summer Song Giver

How will we keep track of the games used per position?

3. Behad

Oooh, good question...I don't know... Hold on....

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm already losing 2 to 1. But Palmeiro did hit a long foulball I'd like to get a 1/2 point for.

5. Behad

Ok, we had some broken links fixed. I didn't get a definite answer from them yet (I imagine they're damn busy answering a million question from newbies like me since it's day one of baseball season), but it appears the games played by position can be found on your team page, under "TeamStats" link. If you click now, you don't get any stats. I suspect this page is only updated after the completion of a game.

PLEASE NOTE: Fanstar refers to a game in our league as a "week". Don't be confused by the calendar week. There are 26 calendar weeks to the MLB season. Since we play 2 games a week, you'll find 50 "weeks" to our season on the schedule. The final MLB week is reserved for our playoffs.

6. Behad

It could be worse...SF3 is beating Poodle4 14-0 right now.

7. Behad

And we have an answer from Fanstar:

After the first week, this will appear on the headings for each position on the LINEUPS page.

There ya go.

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

That's fine as long as I get 1/4 point for the number of times Erstad grabbed his own crotch, which should give me a nice 9 point cushion.

9. Behad

You counted that?:eek:

10. fadeaway

It's a rough estimate. :eek:

Games are Sunday-Wednesday and Thursday-Saturday, right? Or are they Sunday-Tuesday and Wednesday-Saturday? Just wanted to be sure since I couldn't find the breakdown anywhere on the site.

11. Behad

Monday-Thursday and Friday-Sunday. Week one has the single Anaheim-Texas game from Sunday night added on to the normal Monday -Thursday. Lineup submission deadline is noon on Monday and noon on Friday, although I noticed they were late with it today.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Late with what? Lineups for game 1 should have been in already.

13. Behad

I mean, Fanstar was late in updating the page to not allow lineup changes after 12 noon. About 2:30 or so, week 1 games moved to the recap/results side and week 2 games became the matchup games. That should have happened at noon. No biggie, really.

14. fadeaway

Randy Johnson gave up a run in his first inning of the season. Could he be in store for an opening day loss? I hope so!

15. Behad

Pitchers have had a rough day. Maddox and Glavine were pounded, Beckett sucked, Cleveland relievers just blew a win for Sabathia.

16. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Damnit, I just waived a guy to make a spot for Corey Patterson, and now he's gone. :mad:

17. Behad

That sucks, but not something the commish can change. Look on the bright side...nobody's gonna be claiming Stewart in the next 48 hours, you'll get him back!:p

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm off too a good start so far with Radke, Alou, and Hillebrand. I just need Randy Johnson to do a little more. Nomo is outpitching him right now.

19. fadeaway

Wow.. Randy Johnson got rocked today. Nasty outing for him. Radke picked up the slack with a big win, though.

20. fadeaway

Derek Jeter was knocked out of Monday's game after a violent collision on the basepaths. The All-Star was down on the field for ten minutes and had to be removed on a cart. He was diagnosed with a dislocated left shoulder, but it is not yet known how much time he'll miss.

:eek:

Damn, Finn. Dislocated shoulders are nasty. Sucks to be a Pythons fan.