1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eye for an Eye

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Feb 11, 2024.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish the punishment for abusive parents was an eye for an eye. No excuse for harming or killing children. Just put her in an oven and don't waste taxpayer dollars on prison. That's worse than the deadbeat parents who leave a child in a car to die in Texas summer heat.

Kansas City mother charged in death of 1-month-old after allegedly mistakenly placing infant in oven:

Upon arrival, officers observed the infant victim had apparent burn wounds, according to the court documents. The Kansas City Fire Department responded and declared the 1-month-old dead at the scene, according to the court documents.

Thomas alleged she was putting the child down for a nap and accidentally mistakenly placed the child in the oven instead of the crib, according to the court documents.

"I thought I put [infant's name redacted] in her crib, and I accidentally put her in the oven," Thomas allegedly told the infant's grandfather, who gave a statement to police, according to the court documents.

How sick is that? Yeah, I can see mistaking an oven for a crib. Imagine that poor baby screaming. Eye for an eye you sick excuse of a mother.

Screenshot_20240211-194026.png

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kansas-city-mother-charged-death-1-month-old-oven/story?id=107139311

#1 deb4rockets, Feb 11, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    ROCKSS and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Whatt a horrible person.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has to be some serious mental illness and/or drugs involved.

ROCKSS likes this.
  4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Or sleep deprivation.

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

This is a real thing, not saying this was why she did it, but sleep deprivation is real. This is a very sad story and possibly one of the worst things I`ve heard of ................I have no clue if she is simply lying or if it was lack of sleep, drugs or mental illness but dam I feel so bad for that child. There are some F`d up people in this world and I have become cynical of these types of excuses, but I guess we will never really know

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Being a new mother is really hard. Post-partum, sleep deprivation, incredible stress. I've heard mothers confess they were literally on the edge of throwing their baby out the window. I think she needs to be charged regardless, but without seeing some evidence of actual malice, I'm more inclined to think she was overwhelmed, maybe had a psychotic break, and made a tragic mistake.