1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expansion Team Challenge II

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by da_juice, May 31, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Do I win?

1 person likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

no because its obvious i win... duh

1 person likes this.
  3. RedNation

Tough choice :eek:

Can you vote for the finals :grin:

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'll announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners on or around July 31.

5. RedNation

Juice, I only see 2 teams :grin:

6. BigMaloe

i did vote... and i better get rep... i went way over the top for that matchup...

Hes also makin a team member? he is obviously gonna win...

Basketball Reasons...

:grin:

7. RedNation

:grin:

I did rep you. Thanks.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

1) RedNation

I like your roster, and I like the idea of returning to seattle with the supersonics history. This comes at an especially good time as seattle has voted on an arena proposal. My only complaint is that you intend to split your time in San Diego. I don't like that idea at all, but other than that it's pretty good. You win.

2) BigMaloe
    Your team was pretty good too, but I liked RedNation's roster better and I have some concerns about Vegas. Given the how hard the recession hit Nevada and all of the other things to do in Vegas, I wonder how much support there would be for a team. Yours is the ultimate risk/reward, I could see it being great- but I could also see it floppping.

3) N/A- nobody completed a full entry, so no one gets 3rd place.

Other:
    Ivenovember: Congratulations, you got 4th place. I like the idea of a team in Kansas City, because they used to have an NBA team and have a nice arena. Also, bonus points for including that logo. Plus, the team has no nearby competition from NBA teams. Meaning they would be "Missouri's NBA team."

RocketsRed14: 5th place. Baltimore also had an NBA team awhile back, my primary concern is an arena (the current basketball arena only holds 12,500). I also have concerns with the team having to compete with the nearby Wizards for fans and ticket sales. Could be very tough.

arubato- 6th place. Don't like the location at all. While Newark has an arena, they'd have to compete with the Knicks AND Nets for fans. Given how little of New Jersey cared about the Nets, I doubt they will sell many tickets.

IzakDavid13- Last Place, sorry mate. While Austin is a big city, Texas already has 3 other NBA franchises that the team would have to compete with. This is especially troublesome considering Texas is a state more focused on football than basketball. Austin seems to neglect their D-League affiliate. Lastly, the only indoor sports arena in Austin holds about 8,000 people. That would mean either a new arena would have to be built or expensive construction.

Thanks to everyone who played, I was hoping for a higher turnout, obviously that wasn't the case. I appreciate the other four people who submitted cities, unfortunately I couldn't fully count those without the rosters.

I was surprised nobody picked Montreal, which was where I would have put a team.

9. RedNation

I was joking with the san diego thing but thanks anyways :grin:

10. BigMaloe

thanks for the time and the input...

quik notes: i am from vegas so i def know about the recession hitting there tough... but what i do know is IT IS a basketball town... goto a rebs game! especially now that were most likely preseason top 15 team...!!! PLUS the city has been DYING for a pro sports team (4 different stadiums proposals have been submitted and resubmitted and voted and revoted on[not sure of winner yet])...

but i respect your opinion and while not many people did it, i still enjoyed it and appreciate it...