1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EuroBasket 2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Raz, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Raz

Raz Member

What a game. Congratulations to Slovenia. First medal ever and they win the tournament unbeaten. Doncic out, Dragic out - Serbia on the verge of taking over... the Slovenians showed what mental strength means.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  2. FearTheBeardJH

He had cramps and couldn't run anymore at the end.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Give this kid a wheelchair, damn.. :eek:

malakas likes this.
  4. Raz

Raz Member

Dragic is MVP. All-Star team: Dragic, Doncic, Shved, Bogdanovic, Gasol.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Sorry but that's nitpicking. As I said, a lot of teams had some kind of "luck" or other fortunate cirumstance, either when they won NBA championship, Olympic medal or any other title. Last quarter Slovenia played basically without Dragić (cramps) and Dončić, and they prevailed. If that didn't show their true team spirit, then I don't know what could - with or without Randolph. It's not like we had LeBron or Durant, lol.

Congratulations to Dragić, Dončić and their teammates! Serbia exceeded all expectations with all players who were absent, and if they had full roster, they'd win this championship easily.

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

That's the same as saying HOU's first title is not legitimate because MJ wasn't playing. I always defended HOU here (don't get me started on what people around me think about Harden lol) and I still stand by it. But I guess some people have double standards...

7. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Never been prouder of my Slovenian heritage and of my first name, Luka. :D

@Koperboy stop posting and enjoy the victory, what I wouldn't give up to feel that joy with Croatia. Koper to Ljubljana isn't very far, go and celebrate with the players, I know I might take up that trip with my friends here from Zagreb

Raz likes this.
  8. Raz

Raz Member

Way to go FIBA...

All in all it was a good tournament, although the attendance could've been way better. Hope they bring back the tournament to one country, not four, in 2021 and we get to see Europe's elite Giannis, Porzingis, Doncic, Schröder, Markkanen, Jokic, etc. all competing.

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I can't man. I could go to Istanbul to cheer for our team and I couldn't find the damn passport. Still bummed about it. But great victory!!

Croatian Sensation likes this.
  10. Nivos

Nivos Member

Congrads to Slovenia!
    The funnest team ever to win the European title. Their coach will probably get a head coaching job in the NBA soon.
    Never saw that coming before the tournament. They totaly deserve it.
    A nation of 2 mil people. That's Half of Houston population.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Former Rocket Shved is good now?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good to have both Slovenian and Croatian heritage....hehe....they will get back into shape!!!

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

All the powerhouse teams in Europe have gotten old. No next gen of superstar players have come through. I think Team USA should send college players to the next Olympics. They would still win by 40-60 pts. The gap has widened again.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not a college team. But in the spirit of small nations dominating the EuroBasket this year, how about sending one of our small states who lives and dies basketball, #1 even over football. How about sending Indiana -- a state matching the low population of Serbia and Slovenia....6 million population. We send a team of Indiana natives born in Indiana.

Can Indiana take home the Gold as a "Small country" like Serbia and Slovenia

Mike Conley
    Eric Gordon
    Gordon Hayward
    Zach Randolph
    Cody Zeller

Bench
    Jeff Teague
    Mason Plumlee
    Courtney Lee
    George Hill
    Gary Harris
    Josh McRoberts
    Jaren Jackson Jr. ??

Coach
    Brad Stevens from Butler
    Monty Williams
    Larry Bird

#235 heypartner, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  16. Raz

Raz Member

Speaking of Croatian and Slovenian heritage...

Croatian Sensation likes this.