1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Week 11 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bravoexo, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Hui and TheMystery008 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy, the media obviously hates us.

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

We have to win that upcoming game against the thunder and harden HAS to have a big game. Otherwise that will drive the narrative in WB direction

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Power rankings don't mean ****. Who gives a ****?

douglasreedy1 and red5rocket like this.
  5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Power rankings is everything. You can't be the best unless you are #1.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll hazard a guess that someone like @DreamShook probably does. But that's just a guess. ;)

DreamShook likes this.
  7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yea I get that. What I'm referring to is the MVP race. Thought that was obvious.

While power rankings have no bearing on MVP race, media narratives do. If harden doesn't have a big game and Westbrook does, he furthers his narrative.

DudeWah and malakas like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I will forever remember that 50-pt / 0 assist game by Isaiah Thomas ... right up there with both of Carmelo's 50-0s.

RocketWalta likes this.
  9. OTMax

OTMax Member

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/...-11-cleveland-cavaliers-golden-state-warriors

Record: 26-9
    Pace: 101.0 (4) OffRtg: 112.7 (3) DefRtg: 105.2 (17) NetRtg: +7.5 (4)

James Harden capped the Rockets' 15-2 December and a week in which they averaged 131 points per game with a never-before-seen 53 points, 16 rebounds and 17 assists against the Knicks on Saturday, accounting for 95 Houston points via his points and assists. Harden is on pace to crush the record for most assists on 3-pointers and now Eric Gordon is on pace to become the second player in history with 300 threes in a season. Despite injuries to Clint Capela and Patrick Beverley, the Houston offense is rolling, but the Rockets play eight January games (most in the league) against top-10 defenses, starting with a visit from the Thunder on Thursday.

Net rating is always a good indicator of how good a team is! OKC has 2nd easiest schedule up-to-date so if Westbrook carries them through January and in top 5 standings, I'd say he's making the strongest case. Also check out Lowry, who's at 45% from three!!:

"

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Stein called Westbrook's triple double his fastest in his career. Other media outlets were also gawking at this.

Ok was not Harden's triple double his fastest in his career and just as impressive if not more impressive?

Russ's triple double at halftime in 19 minutes of play:
    11pts/12a/10r
    Harden at halftime in 19:50 of play:
    24pts/11a/9r

Harden recorded his triple double at 22 minutes at 3 seconds of play time:
    27pts/11a/10r

Harden's triple double just on how fast and how many points is far more impressive than Westbrook's triple double by halftime.

RedNation likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would have never believed you had you told me the Rockets would be in the mix with the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs a third of the way through the season. Hats off to the whole Rockets organization. Everybody deserves credit. EVERYBODY.

D-rock, BlastOff, Dat Dude and 2 others like this.
  12. heypartner

I looked this up at halftime of the Rockets game.

fwiw: Russ's didn't get the 10th rebound when the buzzer sounded at the end of the half. So, if you are going to exactly list Harden's time, might as well list Russ's time at exactly 18:43

Harden had 6-6-6 in 11 minutes of play. So, I was tracking it to see how fast he could do it. But then he did something even better.

cdrive likes this.
  13. cdrive

@heypartner ok good to know. The article I referenced for Westbrook's triple double said "in about 19 minutes."

Interesting. So media rounded up to give Russ a triple double by the half when it was really: 11/12/9

While Harden's non-rounded up almost triple double by the half was: 24/11/9

I had to recover the game from my DVR and fast-forward/watch again to get Harden's stats per play time. What's also so impressive was the amount of 3s he had in that 27/11/10 in 22 min. I didn't count but it seemed like...a lot. Hitting so many so early he had to throw in that shimmy.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

When push comes to shove, they're still gonna vote for Westbrook as MVP.

DudeWah likes this.
  15. heypartner

Russ had a triple double at halftime. I was saying he had it before halftime. Got his 10th be with :34 left. Total time was 18:43.

Media didn't round anything, ppl just reported "at half-time" and looked at his total minutes.

16. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

And they mentioned Westbrook as MVP and harden nothing....f***** a$$ league

17. cdrive

Lol ok got it finally. This is what happens when I attempt reading comprehension before coffee.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18625916/nba-power-rankings-marc-stein-week-16-rankings

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Here is an alarming fact, and one thats kind of telling of how we are nowhere near the same tier as the Warriors or Spurs:

We have a losing record against +.500 teams!

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

but we've beat them. factor that in, o wizard.