1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]T-Mac- "I'm right at the top of my game."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chuck04, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

(Since I can't edit, hope this turns out alright :D)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-071110-11

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://www.astroadvice.com/community/hot/story.asp?ifut=1000&ID=124

Tracy McGrady
    May 24, 1979
    Bartow, Florida

You've gotta love that Tracy McGrady. Being a huge basketball fan, all 5 feet of me, I just couldn't resist checking out the big man on the Orlando team. McGrady was born under the sign Gemini. This sign relates to a persons manual dexterity and as we have all seen McGrady has no problem maneuvering the ball down the court or scoring mega points per game. This, fine athlete also has drive, stability and surefooted sturdiness with his natal Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars in the ever so solid sign Taurus well aspected to his natal Saturn in the sign Virgo. This enables him to have the staying power that any professional player needs to become a superstar. Although Tracy does have some showmanship in him with his natal Jupiter in Leo he is not a loud or overtly pushy player who can't wait to be interviewed by the press or who wants to be spread across the tabloids. No Tracy is down to earth and somewhat quiet with his natal Sun in Gemini squaring his natal Saturn in Virgo. This doesn't mean that he doesn't get angry or that he lacks having an attitude, it just means that he is pretty good at controlling himself and his actions. Tracy is a strong contender and will be for many years to come. He is a team player and he is like the gentle giant who will become a stronger force as time goes by. As for the rest of you basketball fans, eat your hearts out. Later this month I'll be in New Orleans and I've got tickets to see Tracy and the Orlando Magic play against the Hornets. Courtside seats, on my birthday, now if that isn't something to look forward to and a birthday to remember, I don't know what is.

another approach to T-Mac's character

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I would be disappointed if he wasn't. He's -- technically -- in the prime years of his career. If he really did take care of his back issues for good and stays as slim as he is now (it seems to fit him a lot more not having to bulk up and carry too much weight; he looks a lot more explosive), he should continue to play at an all-star level for at least the remainder of his contract. Following that, hopefully he will give us a "adopted hometown" discount so we can go after Wade and still keep him ;)

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"We're still growing, man. We're still getting better. And this is the first time we are surrounded with a bunch of talented shooters. We've got the things that we need. Now we've just got to go out and show people."
    _____

Tracy has in one way or another made this same comment every year.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

he will play at the superstar level for 4-5 more yrs if his back issues are managed. right now, he's playing superb switching b/t scorer and playmaker.

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I am always nervous when Tmac talks something like that! ;)

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Thats why you should turn the tv off when he does interviews that asks him his opinion about his team and their chances, especially in the playoffs :)

10. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

My sentiments exactly! Keep your mouth shut this time and let the wins talk.

11. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

The Rockets and his teammates need to shield him from the media when we get closer to the playoffs...some people believe in "knock on wood"...not puffing the chest until you get the prize...let actions speak rather than words...

I already know some reporter is going to trap him this year like Steven A and Gray...it's a matter of when...and if he's already learned his lesson...

12. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

though tmac says stupid things, but how does what he says impact how we play the game?

i'm just wonderin'. we care how about he or the team play the game.

13. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

What is he supposed to do, go out there and act like assistant coach Gundy?

I'm banking you all are gundy fans.

I guess he should not believe in his teammates and be like CRY BABY jordan in LA.

"Why is Yao here, we need to ship him out of here"

"Aw I don't think we're good enough to be an nba team"

""We don't have enough passion and intensity on the court"

You guys are ridiculous. He said they need to go out and prove it. Continually said they look good on paper but they need to go out there and do it.

It's the truth. You want him to act like he doesn't care?

At least he's not being ran into the ground and thinking about life after his last contract year like he was with assistant coach.

Let the man have his freedom of speech. No matter what he says some of you antagonist closet fans who claim you're his fans criticize and hang on his every word.

It's not like he's out there predicting they'll sweep every team in 4 games.

It gets annoying with some people saying oh he shouldnt talk, oh he shouldnt say a word, but let him go down and the teams record is boo boo when he's not on the court. PuH Lease

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I like Tmac, and I think we all do!

I don't think Tmac himself would get mad at us because of those jokes. :p

Actually, I do like his comments on Rockets.

15. Dei

Dei Member

WTH? Dude, you suck.

As much people like Tracy, we can't help it if he's r****ded in interviews. Just because we make fun of him doesn't mean we don't cheer for him.

16. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

I love T-MAC's all arround game, I love the Yao-Mac duo. But NO, T-MAC, you could play much better!

17. Barkley

Barkley Member

What do yo mean? What do you want from him?

18. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

What to play better?
    Chess?

19. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

ROFL. I love Van Gundy as a coach. One of the best coaches to coach recently in the NBA. His commentary is always good and entertaining, even when he was a coach. Sorry some players thought they were too good for coaching...

Also love Mac and his comments. If he ignored the media, people would be critical of him for that. I love his confidence. It's not the player's place to be overly critical of the team. That's the coach's job. To stay grounded in reality, construct a winning paradigm, and to keep a "team" perspective.

Can't believe you took a jab at JVG in a T-Mac thread. Classless.

And for all of you overly critical of McGrady's play (or interviews for that matter. Nit pickers.) , you people are idiots. There are very few players better than Tracy right now. Is his game perfect? No. But nobody's is.

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i can already guess what t-mac will say when we get closer to the playoffs: "i feel like we can really contend for a championship now" or, "im just glad i can finally get out of the first round"

i bet when he retires he'll say "it feels good to be in the hall of fame" :D