1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Stephen Jackson fined $50K

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Chuck04, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5773910

If the account from SJax and Brown is right (he was walking down the tunnel, talking to himself, 50 feet away from the officials), just wow. He probably deserved the technical during the game (according to the league new mandate), but to fine him $50k after the game is absurd. I hope he does appeal, and I hope he wins. I can see what the league is trying to do with all the back-chat and complaining and all, but this is way too far.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is what the lockout is for. I don't care if the lockout lasts for years. I want the players to tell Stern to take his little p***y ass rules and go **** himself with it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Convictedstupid

I really think Stern hates basketball.

4. Mr. Space City

soft nba is soft

5. DontTradeOswalt

This!!!

Am tired of seeing the refs be part of the game, they shouldn't. Just let the players play

"if this were the playground, Stern would've been beat up"

6. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

p***y ass league. SMH.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Here's the problem with more and more rules. Players are already abusing the flagrant foul rule by purposely subtly provoking other players and pretending they did nothing wrong.

Then there are the flailing your body in midair to feign a flagrant foul, and then lying on the ground covering your face with your hands to sell it.

NO MORE. I am tired of the acting jobs being done. Tired of the whistle being blown unnecessarily every five seconds because someone decides to flop for a call.

Referees have too much power. Especially with the implementation of this new respect for the officials crap. You are an NBA official, why should we care about your feelings while you pocket more money than the average blue collar worker? This isn't even an NBA officials league, Jesus, it's about the players. Players sell this game not the refs.

Of course, that's probably not the main reason for this rule. This allows Stern and his shady partners to toss out anyone they want. Oh, you looked at me funny. Out of the game for you!

Stern is a good businessman but he has no idea what the hell basketball is about. Basketball is about blood, sweat, and tears. It is about passion, and most of all it is about rhythm. If you take the passion out of the game, it is simply not (enjoyable) basketball anymore.

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

If they really cared about sportsmanship and honoring the spirit of the game, Yao Ming would have been the face of the league and gotten a few more friendly calls over the years. You know what I'm talking about 2 years ago a million times.

9. tofu--

tofu-- Member

WAHHHHHHHHH PAPA STERN

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

STEPHEN CALLED ME A POOPYHEAD! I COULD TELL, HE... HE LOOKED AWAY FROM ME AND I SAW THE BACK OF HIS HEAD BUT I JUST KNEW HE WAS MAKING FUN OF ME! PLEASE MAKE THE HURT GO AWAY PAPA STERN BY RUBBING MY TEARS AWAY WITH MONEY

10. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

"But I'm going to continue to speak my mind."

This is why Stephen Jackson got fined $50,000. This idiot doesn't know when to shut up.

Playing basketball is a job and a privilege. These fools are getting paid millions to freakin' play basketball.

If I was getting paid millions, I'd shut my mouth and say "Yes Sir".

Stephen Jackson wants to earn millions while telling Stern to F himself.

In a regular job, you'd get fired. In the NBA, you get fined $50,000 for running your mouth.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

in football you get cut but in baseball nothing ever happens

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

If you're lazy to read the article, here's what happened

The cameras followed him AFTER the game and got fined for what they thought he was saying.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it's just a business to him.

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Nah SJ did nothing wrong. Getting paid a lot doesn't mean you have to be someone's b**** for no reason.

15. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

That's exactly how SJ feels. He's just keepin' it real.

It's that thug attitude that keeps away corporate sponsorship.

This is why the Jailblazers had to be broken up; too many thugs were hurting the team image. And when you have a bad image, nobody wants to advertise with you.

For $10 million a year, I'd love to be Stern's b*tch. How would you like your coffee Mr. Stern?

Most normal people getting paid $40,000 a year kiss up to their boss or at least show some respect.

Why should a rich ballplayer be allowed to beat the system when us po folks can't?

16. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

First of all, getting a job in the NBA is no cake walk. He worked hard to get to play in the NBA. To say it is a privilege is a bit absurd. And Stephen Jackson had every right to say whatever he wanted. Like he said, he was walking to the tunnel and the cameraman recorded what he was saying to himself. He shouldn't be fined for talking to himself. You can't possibly tell me that if you worked hard to get paid millions of dollars, you would succumb to Stern's BS rules. You would be ticked off just like SJ.

17. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Even in a real job, I'd be ticked off.

But even being ticked off, I'd shut my mouth and take my $10 million paycheck.

If it weren't SJ, I'd cut him some slack. But this fool repeatedly runs his mouth. Same with Rasheed Wallace, one of my favorite players, but he deserved every fine he ever got in his life.

I have no doubt SJ deserved that fine, and I have no doubt he's going to keep on earning that fine.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

What NBA players don't argue with the refs? It's easy to say that as a fan but you're not in the NBA.

Stop comparing the NBA to people with normal jobs. It's not the same thing obviously.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

On the topic though.

Stephen Jackson and Larry Brown are lying. I watched the game and at the end the camera was up close on Jackson. You could see him turning his head yelling at the ref as he was walking off the court.

20. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

What are you talking about? Even on the Rockets, who argues with the refs?

Very few NBA players argue with the refs. It's always the same ones running their mouths.

And it's the same ones that always get fined.

That's the problem with some NBA players...they don't treat the NBA as a job.

You're representing a billion dollar business, act like it. Stephen Jackson has been warned & fined...he knows exactly what he is doing.

Why don't we ever hear about Shane Battier getting fined $50,000? It's because he's a professional.

You step out of the rules, you're fined. Why do you have a problem with that?