1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN SN: Everyone Against Us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jvu, May 3, 2013.

1. jvu

jvu Member

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9237902/wins-friday-night-game-6s

Link to the ESPN Poll.

Only states that believe Houston will win against OKC are Texas and Alaska.

Only 60% of 16000 Votes from Texas Believe that Houston will win tonight.

The most likely team to lose in Game 6 is the Houston Rockets with 33% of the 4 other teams. Other teams are 25% less likely.

Based on this poll, everyone believes the Thunder will take us this series. I love the fact that the ODDS are against us and we continue to prove them wrong time and time again. Lets GO ROCKETS!! #NeverGonnaQuit

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Remember that anything north of Corsicana is south Oklahoma.

3. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Rockets play better like this let's shock the world!!!!!!!!!!

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Born and bred Houstonian, and I still think the Rockets are gonna lose this series. It's hard to believe that we could be the first in history to win from down 0-3, given our youth and inexperience. Let's take it to game 7 and make them sweat, though!

5. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

If the Rockets play like the last game, with nice ball movement and great trey shooting, they can beat any body (look at all the blow outs in the regular season), and that includes OKC. Go Rockets go.

6. SeabrookMiglla

rockets are a team on the rise, ESPN is stuck in hater mode.

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

My signature can confirm.

8. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

You a lot of UT fans in Texas who like Durant and couldn't care less for the Rockets. When I was Austin last week Rockets fans were in the minority.

1 person likes this.
  9. alethios

alethios Member

I was watching the post-game show on TNT last night. When Ernie Johnson asked Barkley, Kenny and Shaq if the Rockets will win game 6 of the Rockets-Thunder game, both Kenny and Chuck wasted no time in say NO! But Shaq, on the other hand, said YES! That's what I call redeeming yourself, big fella.

Shame on you, Kenny - I expected that from Chuck, not you.

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

and I'm guessing only 10% of that 60% watched the games or know what the climate of the series is.

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Which is funny because the night before, Kenny and Charles both said out of Rockets or Celtics, that the Rockets had the better chance of winning the series, while Shaq said Boston.

12. jvu

jvu Member

Ah tht explains it.. I always forget he went to UT.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's not farfetched as history itself is against us. ZERO teams have come back in NBA history. It has never happened. Of course people outside of H-Town would be much more inclined to think we will lose Game 6 or 7. But you know what I think. I say "**** them! Let's make history baby!"

1 person likes this.
  14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I saw durant around campus my freshman year at UT, he was a nice dude, i rooted for him and OKC in the previous years. i always had respect for him and OKC before this series. Now i dont know.

1 person likes this.
  15. jvu

jvu Member

That's what I'm talking about! The rest of the locker room has to have to same mentality.. Unlike some who already believe we are losing 6 or 7. It's true we are most likely losing but I'm by no means going to say that until we actually do in fact lose.

"Never gonna quit!" -chandler parsons

16. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

We are 3-4 in regular season on unfavorable schdeule(including last year's less talented team).

Without WB we are supposed to win the series. The mass media's perception is irrelevant, and I know everybody's trying to lower the expectation and make the experience more enjoyable.

We are simply a better team for a WB-less OKC.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol! I saw this yesterday. Alaska?!?!?:confused: I wonder, do they have a poll that show the cities results?

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

80% of UT is from houston.

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i wouldnt say we're better, they have a HUGE advantage on the defensive end down low. they have two really good big men, we just have Asik whos main purpose is a defensive threat.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Chenjy9 goin off in this beezy!!!!:grin: Yeah!!!!!