1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Insider Report: Trouble Brewing for the Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Manny Ramirez, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

If this has already been posted, I apologize. I got this article from our good friends, Warriorsworld.net. It's an ESPN Insider article. My first thought or reaction was, "I'm not surprised."

Anyway, here's the article:

Warriors already feeling the curse of Jackson

Marc Jackson was a no-show at the Warriors game Thursday night. But his influence is already being felt in what's expected to be a very uncomfortable relationship between Jackson, his teammates and management.

Chemistry concerns swirled through the Warriors Thursday with Antawn Jamison already b****ing about playing time before Jackson had put one foot on the court.

"Let's be realistic," Jamison told the San Francisco Chronicle. "There are going to be times when I think I should play 40 minutes a game, and it's not going to happen. There are going to be times when there will be a lot of b****ing about playing time. I feel sorry for [Dave Cowens] -- he's the coach, he's going to have to handle that. There are going to be situations when guys aren't going to get playing time [they want] or are not playing [at all]."

Danny Fortson and Adonal Foyle are already doing their fair share of complaining and all of the big men are looking over their shoulders right now. With this many players, someone has to go.
    Ironically, every one wants to stay except Jackson, the one guy they can't trade away.

Co-captain Chris Mills is trying to steady the ship. "It's a team, we're in this together." he said.
    "It shouldn't matter who gets the bulk of the minutes and who's out there or not, as long as we're getting [wins]. That's the last thing we should be worrying about. We should be worrying about getting wins, not who's out there."

Warriors suddenly crowded
    Tony Cooper / San Francisco Chronicle
    Jackson situation may get uglier for Warriors
    David Steele / San Francisco Chronicle
    Jackson set to be Warrior
    Matt Steinmetz / Contra Costa Times

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Good. Screw the Warriors. I know they did what every team would have done, but so what? Screw them anyways! :mad:

3. red

red Contributing Member

R0ckets03...u speak the truth...

4. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

They brought it on themselves. The Rockets were willing to have Jackson but they wanted to keep him. They are dumb, I bet a lot of teams told them that they better keep him so the Rockets didn't get him

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I feel bad for the players and the fans in Golden State. Warriors management is running that team into the ground.

Maybe we can buy them and move them to Austin!

:D

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

That would be cool, but can you imagine I-35 on a weekday right before the game?

7. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

I hope MJ gives the warriors organization hell for keeping him hostage and making him come back to a team he has no desire to play for.

We will see ya next year MJ you look good in those stripes!

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

smokey-thats a thought i wish to kept hidden far away, im from houston and this is my first yr at UT and i have to say houston is a traffic palace compared to Austin, i cant picture it getting much worse

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Unless things have drastically changed in 4 years, I can't imagine Houston traffic being better than Austin's. I lived in Clear Lake and the distance is about the same as from Wells Branch Parkway to Ben White.....I'll take the latter any day...any time (except late weekday afternoon when BOTH are unbearable).

Before I permanently moved to Austin, I used to drive back to Clear Lake late on Sunday evenings....to find traffic backed up on I-10 before I even got past the Beltway. 11:00 PM on Sunday and I'm stopped on an Interstate...your telling me that's changed?

And Austin doesn't have those ridiculous HOV lanes..what a waste of usable space.

I'll take Austin traffic...even after a ' Horns home football game. And we all know the Longhorns would greatly outdraw the Austin Warriors. :)

On a different subject, I was really hoping Austin could eventually get some sort of NBA Development League Team. We are so close to Houston, SA & Dallas it would seem those franchises would do what they could to assist.

10. cson

cson Contributing Member

That would Rule! I wanna 'nother team!!! :)

(not that there's anything wrong w/ the one I gots!:D )

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

IMO, Houston traffic is nothing compared to Austin traffic. Houston traffic is bad at times like the area around 45/59/288, but overall the number of lanes and highways are good.

With short enterance ramps (immediately entering traffic) on I-35 along with construction and being the only way into downtown maybe other than Mopac, Austin sucks.