1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] GM Morey says Rockets can win title

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burnshroom, Mar 30, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Can we start to talk about winning a title after we pass the first round playoff?

3. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Taken out of context. NEXT!

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Spot on.

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. The playoffs are definetly a much more physical game as we saw with how Wesley Mathews checked Harden in last years playoffs. I obviously wanted the team to win that Portland series but I'm almost glad that Harden went through that as part of his learning curve and maturation to get to the next level, I think he's got an edge this season because of it. No substitute for experience.

1 person likes this.
  6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

The oddest thing to me is that any Rocket fans are bothered by Morey's comments.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

The Rockets playoff rotation looks something like this right now:

Terry / Prig or Johnson
    Harden / Brewer
    Ariza / Brewer
    DMo / Smith
    Howard / TJones

There are two weaknesses on this team......PG and backup C. If Dwight gets back to 36 minutes/game, then maybe you run DMo out there with Smith for the other 12 and get reasonable rim protection.

I don't know how PG works out. I like Terry well enough as a quick fire 3 point shooter to makeup for some of his woeful defense. Prigs won't win you many games, but he won't cause you to lose many either.

Johnson is this year's Troy Daniels. Obviously they aren't the same type of player, but they both provide something that their respective teams needed at the time. The Rockets cannot ask Terry/Prig to guard Parker, CP3, Conley, Lillard or Curry for significant stretches. Ariza and Brewer can help some, but we need them on the wings as well.

If Johnson can give us 12-15 minutes a game and manage to stay in front of his man and not give up easy penetration (or foul), that would go a long way to helping this team.

8. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

We need less talk from Morey, and more PG finding.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Terry and Prig vs Curry, Parker, Paul, Lillard and Rondo will be interesting to say the least.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You are absolutely right. James Harden is on a mission with no permission.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Closet fans. . . . they just parroting what their 'friends' who are fans of other teams are saying . . .. .
    probably bandwagon-ass-just-became cavs fans

Rocket River

12. reliableman

reliableman Member

Haha! Great game, but I think he was referring to one of these...
    [​IMG]

13. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

People complaining about Morey needing to keep his mouth shut confuse me. Remember the 04-05 playoffs when we played Dallas? Cuban whined and complained about the refs and the treatment on Yao after we were up 2-0 and the calls the rest of the series overwhelmingly went against Yao / us. If Morey were our GM then I think we would have won the series as he would be complaining just as much once he saw how Cuban scared the refs.

I'm glad we have a GM that will go to bat for us in a way most fans appreciate.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

JVG complained...after the fact.

Even then, I don't see Morey complaining about calls/refs during a series

15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

The man has confidence in his boys and people hate on him for it

Morey also seems like he sits in his suites during the games, starts drinking, ends up sending a drunk tweet

16. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I respect mark Cuban that he doesn't give a **** about how the nba expects everyone to bend over and take their rules.

If I was a billionaire nba owner I would have so many fines from calling out there bull****

17. deshen

deshen Member

yeah, Knicks and Twolves can win too.

18. MystikArkitect

The narrative now is Warriors v Rockets. Kerr v Morey (sorry Milkhair). Harden v Curry.

Let's hope Silver pulls some strings to get us this as the WCF. For a team that's so into itself and not worrying about other teams, the Warriors always seem to have something to say about the Rockets. Kerr complaining about Morey, Steph complaining about Harden's calls.

Can't wait to see these media darlings against the Spurs, Grizz, Clippers and Rockets when the possessions get tighter and the fouls get rougher.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Let it be written, Morey 1:1.