1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Franchise Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by edc, Jan 21, 2003.

1. edc

edc Contributing Member

This was mentioned in the Rockets forum, but I thought I'd repose here for more general comments [agree/disagree] on this city's major franchises.

61. Houston Rockets 61 107 33 28 36 90 32 15 28

72. Houston Astros
    72 101 53 56 39 30 43 92 89

N/A: Houston Texans
    N/A N/A 5 7 21 5 21 31 49

Where the numbers are

rank BNG FRL OWN AFF STD PLA CCH CHA

Note:

They like Rudy. They really dislike Jimy.

On-field/court personnel are actually ranked pretty highly. Ranking the Texans players above those of either the Rockets or Astros is ludicrous though.

Similarly claiming the Texans are more affordable then the Rockets are more affordable than the Astros is also silly.

MMPark is only 30th best venue?

McNair as 7th best owner, Les as 28th, and Drayton as 56th. All upper half, "feels" just about right to me.