1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Experts on Superbowl 2012

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big MAK, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You think Houston's defense matches up with NE? We had some trouble with athletic tight ends last year. NE has 2 that they use and 2 more sitting on the bench. Meanwhile Kareem Jackson draws Wes Welker and we've got to remain prepared for receiving backs. I don't think anyone matches up with NE but if I had to pick someone it'd be SF.

But the pass rush does seem to kill them so we'll see.

2. tharges

tharges Member

Right side of O line will affect the run game and the secondary with Jackson. I still see holes and i agree with others one injury to Schaub or Dre and its Yates again which i am not a fan of.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The right side of the line is a concern, but it was last year too. We all loved Winston, but the truth is he was the 5th best player on the O-line last year.

Most teams in the league have concerns at RT. It's kind of become the spot where you put the guy not good enough to play LT.

Back on topic, if healthy, this team wins the AFC. But therein lies the rub........."if healthy"......

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Sounds so much like the Rockets.... :rolleyes:

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If Schaub gets hurt, aren't the Texans the AFC version of the 49ers?

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

florio doesn't even have the texans in the playoffs.

i look at it this way.

did we get worse or better and what did our division do in comparison.

1. texans better with exception of o-line. d-line, wr, qb, rb, st, all better no doubt.

2. titans, also better across the board but qb ? marks.

3. colts, couldn't get much worse honestly. rookie qb's don't win usually.

4. jags, worse. mjd hold out. qb and o-line issues not addressed.

i just don't see how anyone can not pick the texans to make the playoffs. florio is an idiot.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I don't care what some of you guys say about not wanting the national media talking about the Texans....I love it.

Damn cool to see the Texans as one of the teams in this picture from espn.com

[​IMG]

8. conquistador#11

in the words of 713, i don't get it =(
    the rams are in that picture too. It's a pretty cool illustration though.

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

that was supposed to happen in 93/94. let's do our part this time around!

11. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

In case no one looked at the individual awards section of the SI page, but 2 of the writers (Peter King included) have Brooks Reed as their Defensive PoY.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

what happens to how the national media hates Houston?

Oh wait, that was just a weird conspiracy theory by the posters on clutchfans.

13. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

We have just been bad for a while

14. conquistador#11

Have we complained about that in the nfl? Because basketball is covered with an intentional bias by most of the National media. The only thing I remember is us complaining that Tebow was stealing away from our awesome run and that we should be on monday night, not the jaguars. The NFL treats all teams equally for the most part.

I'm more disappointed with the local 'experts', mostly the 790 crew. I'm excluding Nd because he is a smart man . The national pundits have it in their minds that if schaub gets it done in the post season.. he will ascend in the qb stratosphere, while those local "experts" just act like he is trash. You'd think they be smarter.

Here is there line of thought..
    " schaub is not elite. He is a noodle arm!! he led the league in passing but that's because he was throwing the ball. Yeah he is accurate but he can't throw it 70 yards like vince from friday night lights. And He can't stay healthy ever!!! Brady, Romo, Manning have never missed more than one game! But umm umm you need schaub to get to the superbowl. You need him."

So ff your Qb can lead the league in passing( if kubiak wanted only an aerial attack in his battles )and he can lead you to a superbowl...wtf more do you want from a qb?

I've officially become the Jopatmc of all schaub affairs. :p

anyways, I'm enjoying the national attention as long as our players don't buy into it. From the interviews, They're not.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Saw that a Dallas morning news writer said the trophy is coming back to the state of Texas. But to Houston not Dallas this season.

16. TheresTheDagger

Mike Greenberg of Mike and Mike fame also picked the Texans to win it all.

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

People always complain about the NFL draft, that when the texans pick is coming they go to commercial, so they dont analyze the texans choices, or they dont analyze the texans player that just got selected