1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

espn 2k5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ghettostar85, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

They've just relaesed here in sweden and im thinking of buying it,but I need to know a couple of things before I know I want it..

Can u edit players? like nba ive,that u can change the shoe colors,sock color and the colors of the accesories?

because I just get pissed if I bring in a player from indiana and he has yellow accesories in a rocket jersey.. and one more thing that can be irritating is if a player have white shoes with black socks and the rest of the team have black shoes ...so please give me answer of this

thanks!

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes, you can edit those attributes. Great game!

3. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

oki nice! so u can also change the numbers of your players?

4. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

no yo ucan't change numbers. There are statistical bugs (like counting phantom turnovers) but the game overall should overshadow that. It could have been better, but it's the best bball game out right now (you only have 2 choices, lol).

Full playbook (finally), a better association mode, blah blah blah im sure you've read about it.

Just for kicks, here's my team for franchise mode (i just started over yesterday).

Gary Payton
    Tracy McGrady
    Bobby Simmons
    Tyson Chandler
    Yao Ming

Mike James
    Jon Barry
    Scott Padgett
    Dikembe
    Ryan Bowen
    Forgot the rest

5. FranchiseBoi86

The only bad thing is that some players are listed at different positions such as Tyson Chandler, so when you play the game with automatic substitutions, they won't allow Chandler to play PF.

6. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

yeah that true. WHat i do now before every game is set timeouts subsitutions and plays to manual and just control everything myself. The auto sub isn't too competent and what hurts it is that there is no primary secondary positions, just one position listed.

7. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I tried out ESPN2K5, and I didn't think it was that great. I'm a big fan of the ESPN/Visual Concepts/Sega Sports series. I've been buying their series since the original NFL2K and NBA2K came out. I never buy games from the competition (EA Sports' Madden, MLB, NBA Live). The football game keeps getting better and better, but the basketball game is the opposite. I haven't purchased NBA2K( ) since 2K2 - that was a GREAT game!

Also, I'll definitely be picking up ESPN World Series Baseball 2K5 (I believe is the title, don't wanna go check to make sure...). That is gonna be a badass game. Their baseball game has always been good, I've always gotten it (except one year it was either 2K1 or 2K2).