1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] 2012 NBA Player Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arthurprescott2, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Gil

Gil Member

The NBA didn't begin this season.......

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

What are you trying to get at?

3. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

He sounds just like a sour grape Knicks fan. All his posts are about Lin and real bitter.

4. Drew^0^

Drew^0^ Member

The power Heats challenged for Lin was as same as for Carmelo in the 1st playoffs game. Nobody complains the performance of Melo, but lots of people talk about Lin's game with Heats.

Lin is very good to bring the ball up to the court. I just want to say that Heats' coach did a good job in their game plans. For Lin that game was a great lesson to experience and help him to grow into a highly competitive player with top players.

5. Drew^0^

Drew^0^ Member

The Heats game was only one bad game he had. Sounds like your eyes open when you see Lin's only one bad game, but close when Lin has lots of good games. That is your problem not his.

6. kastuul

kastuul Member

The Miami game,
    B2B
    Melo FGM 7/17
    Amare 6 TOs
    B.Davis FGM 0/7

7. Arthurprescott2

Look at that all LOFs came crawling out of their hole. Look what you did Gil. LOOK at what you DID!!

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Look at yourself, LOH.

9. Arthurprescott2

No, I'm actually a fan - you can check my history. I'm just a LOFH :grin:.

10. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

I'm a LOHFF.

11. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Or LOHF...

12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Some people here have the jealous gene, like Carmelo

13. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Always becomes a battle between the LOFs vs the LOHs. Peas in a pod. Luckily, you guys found each other to argue with. The Knick's boards had the exact same argument, but eventually facts won out. Go to their boards and bypass the learning curve.

14. Arthurprescott2

My record speaks for itself. I have consistently taken the reasonable middle ground between LOFs and LOHs w/r/t Lin.

But if those of you in the Eastern hemisphere choose to ignore that and castigate me as some LOH, I can only shake my head.

15. Gil

Gil Member

Why are people posting the box scores to that game? I've said time & time again it's the fact that he couldn't bring the ball up the court against Chalmers'/Cole's high pressure & needed screens to make it into his own half that I'm worried about.

Imagine a Westbrook, Shumpert or Tony Allen high pressure for example. Wouldn't be good viewing lol.

Really hope Lin was working on his handles all summer, more so than the other facets of his game. Forget about going left or his defense. His below par ball handling is by far the weakest part of his game. I actually think he's the worst among starting guard's in that particular category.

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Lin is between 71 and 79 per ESPN homepage.

17. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Never in the history of basketball where one meaningless regular season was so scrutinized by fans...oops...i mean Knicks fan. Yet the same fans who conveniently cast away 25-game as a 'small sample size?'

Lebron, I remember, had a 2 for 18 shooting and 10 TO's in one playoff game as a Cav. According to your logic, he can't handle the ball either?

You are entitled to your opinion, but stop being so infatuated to that one game and move on. Most of Knicks fans had and so should you.

18. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Only KMart left.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Nice. I had him at 80. I was two off. Dragic at #83 seems a bit to low. Interesting to see Lowry's rank.

20. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

Lin's ranking has come out at 78. Before I decide on if he is underrated, I wanna see the point guards that were ranked above him