1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon “I’m just not having fun”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Neither are we Eric.

2. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

So, what is helpful? Offering generic post-game comments like Harden and doing literally nothing to fix your problems the very next game yet again??

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Bad excuse. Literally every team in the league includes players in public trade talks. Josh Richardson was involved in talks for Butler too, why isn't he playing like sh*t?

Reeko and fckbandwagons like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Richardson is actually playing like **** too lol

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

His percentages definitely aren’t fun. He should be mad at himself for being terrible for most of the season

raining threes likes this.
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Sounds crazy but here we are

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What exactly for Ego want to change?
    How would he like to change?

Rocket River

8. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

9. xaos

xaos Member

Eric needs to learn his role. He's not good enough to be a primary scorer and not good enough of a play maker for others to demand the ball. When he plays within his role he is a super 6th man and role player.

Hmc415 and J Sizzle like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I mean, he is playing within his role. He just isn't shooting as well as he should. I don't think he is over-extending. He is doing what is asked of him.

Rockets have 3 shot creators on their roster. Harden, CP and Gordon. Everyone else are stand still shooters.

The problem is MDA's system is dependent on 1) people that can create their own shot (we need more of these people) and 2) people need to hit a higher percentage of catch and shoot 3's (we need these people). Rockets blunt force the math with 3pt shooting. Even with mediocre shooters. If they got "good" shooters, we would see this team take off.

Morey needs to fill the roster with the right people to fit into MDA's system.

xaos, Crashlanded19 and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Like it is being addressed in some other threads, the real fun will start with Zion joining. Never mind that it's not a guaranteed thing, as anything above zero% is better. Go in limbo like we're doing equals zero% chance. Tank with purpose and we have a chance.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he wants the balls to fall into the basket, otherwise theres no beauty in it

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only when it swishes thru the net, nothing but the NET!

14. acruz2

acruz2 Member

I believe some guys are tired of just standing around watching Harden and Paul or get the ball with 2 or 3 seconds left. NBA has caught up with this offense and I think we need some new wrinkles in it.

bmelo, Crashlanded19 and jboslett like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ariza and Scruberson aren't even in the lineup for PHX. If Morey kept both those guys you would still be complaining saying did we keep Ariza at that price he is too old etc.

The team last year was lightning in a bottle it seems and you can see it fizzle out during the playoffs.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhhh....I would disagree about the last part, I dont think taking GS to 7 games in the WCF, counts as fizzling out tbh.

napalm06 likes this.
  17. rbenavides01

rbenavides01 Member

Sorry but to me this has to be the biggest crock excuse for any player. You're being paid big bucks to play so it doesn't matter where you're sent to do it...just business for both sides. If I'm being paid millions of dollars, I think I can get my family to adjust! Oh my...

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That makes two of us

20. raining threes

Hey Eric,

Make some shots, that would be fun.

Trade this guy.