1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon “I’m just not having fun”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 7, 2018.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this. I'm not paying for The Athletic... sorry journalists in 2018.

and... doesn't this kind of need a followup. Why did he turn to the bench and randomly yell EG?

Also, CP3 didn't turn the ball over, Harden did. That's my memory at least, and supported by the play by play on bball reference. Rubio stole the ball. Also that was with 10.50 left in the quarter, and CP3 didn't come out until 5.50 left. And he didn't have a turnover in that time frame. So again, what the heck is this about?

Again, not true. This is the layup he is referring to above, which was actually the and-1. Harden had plenty of turnovers... I think 3 in the first 4-5 minutes of the quarter, though.

I can't recall if it was this timeout or another, but at some point they showed Harden standing and talking with the young bench guys around him. Wonder what that was about? He was pointing it looked like into the stands repeatedly. The other 4 guys that were in the game were sitting on the chairs sweating and not that interested. It was weird.

It's hard to tell, but definitely starting to get that feel from Harden that in the back of his mind he's thinking "dang, Daryl... this is what you did to us. You let our boy Ariza go, though Melo would be a fit, and have us playing Hartenstein, Clark and a g-league call-up significant minutes."

no ****!! this was obvious before. it's more obvious now. before it was most obvious in the playoffs, where good coaches had time to scheme defense. not just this past year, but the year before.

And now it's rolled over to the regular season, as even the lesser teams have had enough time now to understand this scheme and adjust.

This isn't Rocket-only problem. Absolutely GSW are harder to adjust to, because the scheme itself is more complicated with much more movement. But even the GSW get adjusted to. Frankly, that's how they lost to the Cavs - adjustment = leave Barnes open if you have to. And that's how the Rockets got up 3-2 - adjustment = switch everything and stay with Curry above all else... if KD wants to get to 40 taking ISO mid-range jumpers, all power to him. And the Warriors adjust.

But bear in mind, teams don't get to practice a lot at all during the season. It's too late to add any significant adjustments.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Winning isn't about having fun...

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

They should think of us fans that invested money for season tickets for this ****. I can't even sell the tickets.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

EG is a bigger part of the problem than the solution. No one is forcing you to jack up deep threes Eric . No one is forcing you to not finish at the rim .

BMoney, Blurr#7 and onreego like this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"i dont wanna be here" - Eric Gordon

Should've traded this bum early this season. He got his feelings hurt with the trade rumors and is sabotaging this team.

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Let’s send him to Orlando so he can go to Disneyworld and have fun

7. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Is it bad that I want us to tank for Zion?

BigggReddd and UTSA2step like this.
  8. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Trade him for Lonzo and Ingram. Money works. LBJ need shooters, and we need something new lol

Rocket River likes this.
  9. BleedRocketsRed

Honestly tho, being in every trade rumor, not knowing if you have to move your family, probably does take a toll. I’ve been a Morey defender but it’s like he doesn’t realize that they are human beings.

10. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Gordon and Melo for Ingram.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He says "guys" must be sacrificed. So, one is not enough.

Mazulis likes this.
  12. onreego

onreego Member

Their collective IQ as a team has just dropped drastically. Ariza and Mbah's biggest assets were knowing when to pass, where to be, how to defend, or when to shoot. Ennis and Clark just immediately pass it back to Harden if they don't have the shot. No pump fake, no extra pass. It doesn't cause the opposing defense to scramble the way the Rockets defense was last night when they know Harden is getting it right back. There are glimpses of it but it's not consistent. I can tell Harden just doesn't have a high level of trust in them.

As for EG, he's just **** when it comes to making decisions outside of shooting or open drive layups.

UTSA2step likes this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Family ? The gord is single

14. Nook

Nook Member

I agree it is James Edward Harden Jr.'s fault..... this is a 60 win team if he is removed. I cannot wait for the increased usage rate of Gerald "FLOCKA" Green.

15. BleedRocketsRed

In general tho, waking up to news that you might be traded to Minnesota or {INSERT_CITY_HERE} can't be healthy.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why nobody asks me if I am having fun doing my job?

Batman Jones and Nook like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't Rocket science.

James and Paul know that outside of Capela and Gordon and Tucker they are surrounded by a sea of garbage. They know that they are being asked to carry an incredible load, and they know that the moment the bench comes in, the Rockets will be slaughtered.

Further as the depth has dried up, that has meant an even bigger load for Harden. It is so bad that Coach actually tells him to take over. That is the freaking game plan. Have James drop 45-50 points with 15 assists and 10 turnovers and hope to win the game. Of course that causes resentment for Harden. What is the point of dropping 40+ and still losing? Don't you think that Harden is wondering why the hell he has to do that every single game to win? Don't you think Harden is wondering why the Rockets do not have a back up point guard for multiple seasons? Why the Rockets have no bench. At some point a player just gives up and gets frustrated.

Do you think Tucker is happy playing 35 minutes a night? Happy guarding everyone?

The losing is a perfect excuse for Eric Gordon to do what he always does when things are going poorly, b**** and complain about how he is used and the team. Don't you think his coach and teammates are sick of that?

Next I am expecting D'Antoni to take some passive aggressive shot at one of his players or the GM.

Richie_Rich, BMoney, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Shut up and clean up the fry line.........

hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@topfive you know what to do......

20. Nook

Nook Member

Eric Gordon has lived in 5 different cities over the last dozen years. He is a big boy, he is fine.

BMoney, hakeem94 and craguin like this.