1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enes Kanter to sign offer sheet with Blazers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston doesn't have much use for shooters who do nothing else.

See:
    Canaan, Isaiah;
    Daniels, Troy

:p

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Daniels was and still is trash. He had one good game. Canaan wasn't doing well either after his injury.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Daryl really has trended towards completely avoided 1 dimensional guys. As an old-schooler who's used to having a Bullard, Recasner or Walt Williams around it's a bit strange but I'm down with it.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source indicates OKC will, as expected, match the 4-year, $70M offer sheet today for big man Enes Kanter, given Thursday by Portland.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/620300125106114560">July 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

This is beautiful. I love how POR stuck it to the trailer-trash in OKC as-if revenge for their neighbors up the road in SEA.

6. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

It is something that has been created in hindsight. Harden just wanted to get paid.

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Royce Young is such a shameless hack.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

OKC should have paid Harden instead.

Matching this offer makes OKC look even worse with regards to Harden.

Feel bad for OKC.

Not really.

Hope anus flops in OKC.

Massively overpaid black hole offense with zero defense could trigger a Durant exit.

#108 Zboy, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  9. Raven

Raven Member

If Durant recovers completely, I'd be surprised if he stays. Thunder just can't recover from dealing away Harden for bird seed.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This was a "no win" for OKC. It's hard to let a player (asset) leave for nothing and they did what most teams do. I think Presti will regret this.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

13. malakas

malakas Member

I will laugh sooo much if OKC decides in the last minute not to match. It will destroy Portland :grin:

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Not really. Blazers do need a center and they'er not going to make a max offer just to mess around and stick it up to OKC. They probably consider this move a win win bf making that kinda offer.

15. malakas

malakas Member

They just got Plumplee and they have have Leonard. Kanter and Lillard in the same team => epic disaster. I now hope this happens.

16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Leonard is below average, so Kanter can play either Center of PF which he played most of the time while in Utah. Point i'm trying to make is no such team is going to make an offer without counting the consequences.

17. boiler

boiler Member

I agree. If I were OKC, I would not match. Find a serviceable center and shore up shooting guard position, they will be fine as along as KD is healthy.

For Portland, they would be locked up with two max contracts for one all star and one average player and will be mediocre for the next five years.

18. malakas

malakas Member

a team that has Lillard Leonard and Kanter in the same lineup is the worst defensive team in the league bar none. In fact only Lillard and Kanter in the same lineup is the worst team in defense in the league. Utah tried to put Kanter in pf to hide him. Didn't work. His defence is atrocious no matter what position he plays.
    And if I had to choose between Leonard or Kanter i would pick Leonard 10/10. Kanter is historically bad defender.

Yes it will destroy them if OKC doesn't match. Nto to mention OKC doesn't even need to go find a serviceable center. They have Adams and McGary both very good young centers.

19. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

That's cuz they're young not shooters. Mchale played a lot of Terry even when Bev was healthy

20. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

I'd rather Portland have Kanter. Kanter gives OKC a big man scorer something they've never had.