1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Energetic Kudos for Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Mar 31, 2010.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100331/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_drilling

The President is taking another step -- the first being to push nuclear energy -- that should be welcomed by all Americans: he is authorizing drilling off the coast of Virginia. Hopefully, he will extend this to offshore Alabama, Florida and California, but protecting fisheries in Alaska is a necessary control on unabated drilling. Now if he will just set a deadline on gasoline-engine production (say, 2020 or 2025), we will have time to solve our environmental problems without destroying our economy.

Obama has done a good job on this issue. Kudos.

#1 thumbs, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Times link.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dude, this is just an attempt to let the oil industry become bloated and ripe for Maxine Watters to takeover

1 person likes this.
  4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Possible NSFW:
    [​IMG]

5. thumbs

I criticize Obama on a lot of issues. I just thought I'd give him credit for something that IMO he did right. My apologies.

JuicyStream, I now understand why you chose your moniker. That was not civil. Had that had Michelle's face rather than Palin's and Obama's face rather than McCain's when Michelle was promoting home gardening, the board would have gone ballistic with the words "Plow that field, baby!" Such is the face of hypocrisy.

#5 thumbs, Mar 31, 2010
  6. juicystream

I thought it was funny. I just felt I had to post it. I can't believe that it was sold as a T-shirt though.

[​IMG]

#6 juicystream, Mar 31, 2010
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's a lot of oil deposits off the coast of Cuba. Possibly Haiti too.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm all for this as well. The ongoing collapse of fisheries, as I understand them, are only tangentially related to off-shore oil exploration and extraction. The oceans have bigger problems, basically, and we have few problems bigger than reliance on overseas energy sources.

I'm starting to think, politically, I applaud anything that angers the far right or far left.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't know obama and michelle campainged on plowing new fields like john and sarah campaigned on drill baby drill.

your analogy is ricidiculous and shows a racist side of you I didn't know existed.

10. thumbs

How is that racist? Almost all races plow fields (except Inuits et al), in case you didn't know. However, you demonstrate the inability to see issues from any other perspective other than your own.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whatever fingers, what made you come up with "plow fields"? out of the infiinite possibilities of dumbass phrases?

12. thumbs

Michelle was recently promoting home gardens, including planting vegetables, rather than drilling for oil, which would have been inconsistent. Hence, I used an example the Obamas promoted. However, considering Obama's new action on drilling, I suppose I could have suggested changing the faces alone with the "Drill, baby, drill." That still would have prompted your immediate ire.

#12 thumbs, Mar 31, 2010
  13. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I side with thumbs, don't see how any of what he said is racist.

14. thumbs

Thumbs faints. :grin:

15. B-Bob

pgabs, it is true about Michelle and gardening -- it's all been through an alliance with Alice Waters. Don't get me started on how many planets we would need to sustainably garden food for 7 billion people, but that's another thread! :grin:

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

drilling for oil = "drill baby drill"

home gardening <> "yeah plow that field"

17. juicystream

I get that plowing the fields and slaves are related, but he used the term plowing because its a sexual term like drill. I don't think it was meant to be racist. And field being another sexually used term.

I really didn't mean for this thread to get side tracked by my picture. I just wanted a picture of Palin with "Drill Baby Drill" because she campaigned about it, and Obama is doing it. Then I saw the pic which was funny.

#17 juicystream, Mar 31, 2010
  18. B-Bob

good lord, this is hilarious. okay, let's please give thumbs an alternative for his analogy. would laying pipe be okay? other than the fact that Michelle's not been involved in any plumbing endeavors. Hmmm.

come on, people, think!

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

my bad on the racist allegation. had no idea about michelle and gardening

1 person likes this.
  20. thumbs

At what point does gardening become farming? As usual, your response is an indeterminate plot.