1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Emeka Okafor to the Hornets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waytookrzy079, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6549667.html

I dont know if this is out on the thread yet or not, but looks like OKafor could be headed to New Orleans in exchange for Tyson Chandler. The article says that its a straight up trade with no one else involved in the trade. If Charlotte wanted to get rid of Okafor, why didnt Morey make an attempt to get him over here? According to Larry Brown, Okafor didnt play with much "heart" down the stretch of the season..i'm sure he'd feel differently playing for his home town.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

3. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

well since this has nothing to do with the Rockets, the original poster of this rumor, then trade posted it in the correct location.

Check the NBA Dish forum.

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Damn.. my bad... didnt see that one.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

you should hav said: "EMEKA OKAFOR IS FROM HOUSTON!!!"

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

General rule of thumb, if you know it's big news and you don't see it in the GARM, that's because it probably doesn't belong there and is already posted in the dish.

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

IMO this belongs in the GARM because waytookrzy079 is asking why Morey has been so inactive when prime players like Richard Jefferson, Omeka Okafor etc. are available. We have passed up so many players playing moneyball that the Rockets are slipping farther and farther into lottery land.

P.S. Please leave my "Rules of Thumbs" alone -- or use them with a more "hands on" approach. :D

#7 thumbs, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Who do you suggest we would have traded for Okafor that Charlotte would want?

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

How do you know Morey didn't make an attempt to get him here?

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Shane Battier

Perfect fundamentallly-awesome Larry Brown player with high BB ball IQ. and hes from an ACC powerhouse. Charlotte LOVES to draft Dukes and Tarheels

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

THIS THREAD BELONGS HERE!! EMEKA's from Houston!!

How's that? lol

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

His contract is even worse than Chandler's. New Orleans is going for broke now, and when it doesn't work Morey will be there, willing to take on Okafor's or Peja's contracts, but only if they give up Paul. That's my dream at least.

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I would have offered Larry Brown two Larry Brown kind of guys -- Shane Battier and Chuck Hayes. I'd even toss in a future second rounder or cash.

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Charlotte seemed to want to get rid of him so bad that they took a SCRUB in which not even OKC wanted. And the "toe" injury was probably just an excuse they made after they realized that the trade was ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.